Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

System.NotSupportedException

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TomYee

TomYee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:24 AM

Hello, I'm having difficulty with the Voltage Reader example 3-2 from "Getting Started with the Internet of Things." I'm working with a Netduino Plus.

Software Configuration:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.0.30319 SP1Rel
Installed Version: C# Express
Microsoft .NET Micro Framework v4.1 01014-169-2560017-70602
Microsoft .NET Micro Framework SDK v4.1 Version 4.1.2821.0
Microsoft Visual C# 2010 01014-169-2560017-70602
Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express - ENU Service Pack 1 (KB983509) KB983509
In addition to the above, I downloaded and installed the netduinosdk_32bit.exe

As soon as I attempt to instantiate a new instance of AnalogInput, I get "An unhandled exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in SecretLabs.NETMF.hardware.dll".

I would have attempted to step into the assemblies using Red Gate .NET Reflector, except that Reflector does not integrate with the Express edition of Visual Studio 2010. But using Reflector, I can see that the AnalogInput constructor makes a call to an externally implemented method ADC_Enable() whose implementation I can't locate:

[MethodImpl(MethodImplOptions.InternalCall)]
private extern void ADC_Enable(uint pin);

I presume that I did a newbie mistake and forgot to install something that I should have installed.

Thanks for any help!!!
Tom

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:15 AM

Hi Tom, Are you deploying to the Emulator or to a Netduino Plus? It sounds like you might be running your Netduino app in an emulator...which doesn't have analog inputs. Welcome to the Netduino community, Chris

#3 TomYee

TomYee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

Hi Tom,

Are you deploying to the Emulator or to a Netduino Plus? It sounds like you might be running your Netduino app in an emulator...which doesn't have analog inputs.

Welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

That was it, Chris!
THANKS!

Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.