Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino for beginners - Gentle introduction with basic electronic project

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 georgejh

georgejh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, UK

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

Nice job!!! Thank you for the tutorial and I can't wait to see something new from you... :D

I highly recommended it people... It helps a lot!!!

A friendly suggestion only, try to avoid the so much in depth detail. I am saying that because,
it can look quite overwhelming in the eyes of a beginner...

i like it as well, can't wait to see project five :)

thanks a lot for this book/tutorial

Thank you guys for good words!

By the way, I just started a wee blog, where I am planning to post some updates on what's going on around the projects included in tutorial. Most of that content will be published there before go in the next release of the tutorial, so if you are interested here it is.

#22 ItsDan

ItsDan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

I mentioned wiki pages I was working on, they're all under 'S' and prefixed as Sparkfun Inventor's Kit, such as this one http://wiki.netduino...it-CIRC-01.ashx There's LEDS, motors, potentiometers, servos, etc.
Follow the adventures of the Box of Crappy Surplus

Total BOCS Traveled Distance: 9708 miles | States Visited: 5
Track the Box

#23 Moskus

Moskus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

Wow, loving this! I wish I had seen this before I started hacking on the Netduino (it should be more visible!!!). :)

#24 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

Wow, loving this! I wish I had seen this before I started hacking on the Netduino (it should be more visible!!!). :)

I agree...
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#25 georgejh

georgejh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, UK

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

I agree...

Thanks guys!

I already posted it here, on the wiki, I opened a blog and twitter ghadzhigeorgiev.
If you have any ideas how to make it more visible I am open for suggestions.

#26 Moskus

Moskus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:42 AM

One still has to know about it to find it. Chris, couldn't you pin this to the top of the forum at least? And perhaps feature this book on the "Projects" page? It was the first place I looked.

#27 georgejh

georgejh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, UK

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

One still has to know about it to find it.
Chris, couldn't you pin this to the top of the forum at least?
And perhaps feature this book on the "Projects" page? It was the first place I looked.

Well, you sent him a message, I too sent him messages twice... do not know what else to do?!
Seems he is not very keen to do this :)

#28 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

Stefan--can you PM me with recommendations on how to highlight this on the main page of the Wiki? And perhaps we can work it into the new site redesign? [Yes, I know this is a public forum post--but I want george to know we're working on something to highlight this :)] This is a fantastic resource and I want to make sure people can benefit from it! Thanks george! Chris

#29 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

Stefan--can you PM me with recommendations on how to highlight this on the main page of the Wiki? And perhaps we can work it into the new site redesign? [Yes, I know this is a public forum post--but I want george to know we're working on something to highlight this :)]

Shhhh B)

georgejh, I'm going to PM you about this :)
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#30 georgejh

georgejh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, UK

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Stefan--can you PM me with recommendations on how to highlight this on the main page of the Wiki? And perhaps we can work it into the new site redesign? [Yes, I know this is a public forum post--but I want george to know we're working on something to highlight this :)]

This is a fantastic resource and I want to make sure people can benefit from it!

Thanks george!

Chris

WOW what a reaction time! Are you using Netduino RSS reader with LED flashing on new posts :D
Cheers, most appreciated

#31 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

WOW what a reaction time! Are you using Netduino RSS reader with LED flashing on new posts :D
Cheers, most appreciated

We got an enormous flashing light bulb that flashes when you post. It's next to our great, big, threatening button which must not be pressed under any circumstances.
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!

#32 georgejh

georgejh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, UK

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

We got an enormous flashing light bulb that flashes when you post. It's next to our great, big, threatening button which must not be pressed under any circumstances.

Well may I ask you to post the source code for that GeorgiPostedSoFlashTheLED class please :)

#33 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#34 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

Well may I ask you to post the source code for that GeorgiPostedSoFlashTheLED class please :)

Sorry, Top Secret classified stuff ;)

#35 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

Sorry, Top Secret classified stuff ;)

Perhaps we could redact the classified alert algorithm and release the main project as open source?

Okay, maybe we're a bit off topic now. Sorry!

#36 georgejh

georgejh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, UK

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

Perhaps we could redact the classified alert algorithm and release the main project as open source?

Okay, maybe we're a bit off topic now. Sorry!

A bit of fun is not harmful and is always a good thing :)

#37 awaiK

awaiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

Thanks for keeping this tutorial up-to-date. Helped me a lot.

#38 Igor Kondrasovas

Igor Kondrasovas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationPorto, Portugal

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

Hi guys,

I have attached an article for beginners that will include step by step introduction to Netduino with basic circuit design and programming examples.

I am expecting your comments and suggestions, thank you in advance.

Updates
23/04/2011 - v1.1 Initial draft.
28/04/2011 - v1.2 Updated file with quick code example and some future content outline.
02/05/2011 - v1.3 Transistor parameters table and few more explanatory text. Future content outline.
10/05/2011 - v1.4 Transistor operation modes explained. Typical logical switch modes illustrated. Edited and simplified calculation section.Programming example explanations added
17/05/2011 - v1.5 Added second project chapter. Schematics and diagrams has new style. Code highlighting. LED flash code examples attached.
29/05/2011 - v1.6 Fixed link to BC547 datasheet. Breadboard schematics and exercises. "Become ECO friendly" chapter and code examples. Minor other changes
25/06/2011 - v 1.7 Added long expected chapter "Solving problem with LED becoming ON when Netduino boots". New chapter "Better multithreading". Changed the name and format of the tutorial and included TOC. Started new chapter "Basic introduction to electronics principles and components" for absolute beginners (only outline for now).
20/08/2011 - v1.8 Fixed calculations and improved explanations for PNP switch. Tutorial was reviewed technically and language and style was Improved too. Outlined some more future content.
15/10/2011 - v1.9 Included second approach for "Solving problem with LED becoming ON when Netduino boots" using SCR thyristor instead of relay. Included some preliminary content of the "Introduction to electronic principles and components".

Additionally to this tutorial, I have started some series of posts on Netduino which can be found here.

Hello,

Thank you for the nice work.

I am a teatcher also, and I would like to know how did you do that nice Netduino Views to how the wiring connections? Do you use any CAD model or image you could share?

Thank you,

Igor.

Igor Kondrasovas

www.inovativatec.com

#39 Coding Smackdown

Coding Smackdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLewisville, TX USA

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

Hello,

I am a teatcher also, and I would like to know how did you do that nice Netduino Views to how the wiring connections? Do you use any CAD model or image you could share?

Thank you,

Igor.

You can get those nice breadboard images using a tool called Fritzing. Its a free tool that you can down load from http:// www.fritzing.org

It also gives you the ability to view the schematic and a PC Board of the circuit as well.

Cheers

Jim Lavin
Brewing Award Winning Beer with a Netduino!
http://diybrewery.com

#40 georgejh

georgejh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, UK

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

You can get those nice breadboard images using a tool called Fritzing. Its a free tool that you can down load from http:// www.fritzing.org

It also gives you the ability to view the schematic and a PC Board of the circuit as well.

Cheers

Jim Lavin

Jim is correct - I used Fritzing for the Netduino and breadboard views. For the other diagrams I used the tools mentioned in my blog post here.

Also, I am currently testing MS Visio abilities. I am bit fortunate to have access to legal copy of it. One can produces really professional looking schematics but I am a bit concerned for having to re-do all the ones I've already made.

Igor.

And I thank for liking it.
Expect a lot more soon. Logic gates are on their way ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.