Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Creating a Battery Power Pack

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gauss

Gauss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

Hey, I am new to the Netduino community. I've had alot of experience in robotics, but to be frank never on this small of a scale. I've done alot of work with FIRST and such where the batteries are effectively car batteries capable of massive current draws. I am looking to build some small scale projects and am trying to figure out the best way to set up a portable power supply. This is what I currently have on the table: http://www.batteryma.../BAT-U9VL-X.pdf or http://www.batteryma...dfs/rli9600.pdf (Big difference is recharging, both are capable of 100mA+ continuous) For most of my applications I would think a 9V power supply should be sufficient, what I am primarily worried about is current. Running motors adds up to large current draws coupled with large current spikes. I am curious what other members have done in this regard.

#2 Chris Seto

Chris Seto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:17 AM

Have you looked at a lipo battery from Hobbyking or some such? The voltage will be higher ( around 11.1V for a 3 cell pack), but it should do very well. I use RC batteries whenever I can. Of course, you could run the supply from a switch mode power supply (SMPS) and regulate the voltage down to 9V.

#3 Gauss

Gauss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

Have you looked at a lipo battery from Hobbyking or some such? The voltage will be higher ( around 11.1V for a 3 cell pack), but it should do very well. I use RC batteries whenever I can. Of course, you could run the supply from a switch mode power supply (SMPS) and regulate the voltage down to 9V.

I have not, good idea. 11.1V is within the tolerance of the board according to the datasheet, so I shouldn't need to regulate it down.

Most 'hobbyist' blogs suggest a 9V battery, but a typical 9V battery won't supply the current I think I will need.

#4 UltraPhil

UltraPhil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:35 PM

I have not, good idea. 11.1V is within the tolerance of the board according to the datasheet, so I shouldn't need to regulate it down.

Most 'hobbyist' blogs suggest a 9V battery, but a typical 9V battery won't supply the current I think I will need.

I use ZIPPY Flightmax 2200mAh 3S1P 25C and IMAX B6 Charger/Discharger with my A-10 warthog (smallscale).

But that's not the point; I just wanted to warn you to be _very_ carefull with these batteries.

Or else...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.