Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Using Gravitech 7Seg Shield with Netduino

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ZakieM

ZakieM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

Gravitech has a nice set of components for the Arduino, which obviously can be used with the Netduino too. I liked the idea of the shield with both temperature sensor chip and 4x 7 Segments display. It also has EEPROM and RGB Led. So the UPS guy brought this one plus more today at noon time, and wanting to see something more than a blinking on-board LED on the Netduino, I started to port the original sample from Gravitech to be used on the Netduino with the .NET environment. It is also my real first C# program, so it is not as clean and arranged as I would like it to be.. but it works :) Once I will implement the EEPROM too, I will arrange the classes and all. In the meantime, here are the files and the video link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/video.php?v=10150146554548551&comments By the way, using I2C on the .NET is way too painful. I could not stop thinking on Colin presenting the Gadgeteer and saying electronic connection is the problem... well in couple of places of the .NET I could see it being a bit more friendly to the low-level required by these boards. In any event, it is an amazing advancement from the days of assembly and not to mention deploying programs in the old days.

Attached Files

Zakie Mashiah
Just a curious guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.