Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Disable plus network

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen_P

Stephen_P

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

Hello I'm struggling quite a bit getting the network chip to work reliably on the netduino plus, something I'm keen to try is either disabling and re-enabling it or resetting it. Are there any methods that will let me do that? Thanks Stephen

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

Hi Stephen, If you erase your Netduino Plus and reflash it with the "regular" Netduino firmware, it'll disable the networking and SD card. If you do this, be sure to flash both the TinyBooter bootloader and the .NET MF runtime (TinyCLR). Chris

#3 Stephen_P

Stephen_P

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

Hi Stephen,

If you erase your Netduino Plus and reflash it with the "regular" Netduino firmware, it'll disable the networking and SD card.

If you do this, be sure to flash both the TinyBooter bootloader and the .NET MF runtime (TinyCLR).

Chris

Hello Chris
Thank you for your quick reply. What I was thinking of really was effectively re-setting the network chip via software. My Socket.Connect command seems to hang my netduino plus quite frequently. I've tried various different work rounds and the one that seems to work best, so far, is to connect when I get a NetworkChange_NetworkAvailabilityChanged event which currently I can only generate by plugging and un-plugging the network connector. I was thinking of booting up with network off, switch it on, get the event then connect.

Regards
Stephen

#4 Joschua

Joschua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

Hi Stephen,

If you erase your Netduino Plus and reflash it with the "regular" Netduino firmware, it'll disable the networking and SD card.

If you do this, be sure to flash both the TinyBooter bootloader and the .NET MF runtime (TinyCLR).

Chris

Hi Chris

After a reflash with the "regular" netduino FW, I try to use the sd card with the
StorageDevice.MountSD("SD", Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SPI.SPI_module.SPI2, (Cpu.Pin)49);
Unfortunately this wouldn't work.

Have you any idea to use the built in SD card ?

Regards
J.

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

Hi Joschua, If you erase your Netduino Plus and reflash it with the "regular" Netduino firmware, it'll disable the networking and SD card. The upcoming v4.1.1 beta will let you use the SD card on your Netduino Plus, but for now you'll need to use the Netduino Plus firmware instead. Chris

#6 Joschua

Joschua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

Hi Joschua,

The upcoming v4.1.1 beta will let you use the SD card on your Netduino Plus, but for now you'll need to use the Netduino Plus firmware instead.

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for your answer. I flased the NetduinoPlus with the Netduino v4.1.1.0 a7 FW. So I have to wait for the a8 version ?

Regards
J.

#7 KodeDaemon

KodeDaemon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

I'm not sure if you noticed yet, but 4.1.1 Beta 1 was just released which will allow you to access the SD card using the Netduino firmware.

Hi Chris

Thanks for your answer. I flased the NetduinoPlus with the Netduino v4.1.1.0 a7 FW. So I have to wait for the a8 version ?

Regards
J.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.