Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Ethernet with Netduino

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JohnC

JohnC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNottingham UK

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

I am new to .Net Micro framework, though not to .Net in general. I would like some general guidelines/steps in using an ethernet shield with the Netduino I understand that I have to make the IO 3v3 compatible, but linking up SPI with the HTTP classes is a mystery. If anyone has already trodden this path then help would be very welcome.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

Hi JohnC, [Thanks for the post...and welcome to the forums!] Ethernet is a bit of a tricky one. We're playing with a few shields (some WIZnet, some using other chips) and a few other options. Basically, what we need to do is create a driver which either (a) intercepts the lwIP networking stack's calls at the appropriate layer and redirects them over SPI or (B) create a code-compatible managed "sockets" implementation which sends/receives data via the Wiznet SPI protocol. If you're interested in helping with the implementation, we'd of course welcome that... Chris P.S. Netduino can accepts 5V signals...the shield just needs to be able to accept 3.3V signals.

#3 JohnC

JohnC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNottingham UK

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

[quote name='Chris Walker' timestamp='1282227955' post='843']
If you're interested in helping with the implementation, we'd of course welcome that...

Hi Chris,

I'm certainly interesting in helping - I note there is a ENC28J60 driver in the PK - I thought of using that as a base (but it doesn't appears to implement sockets), also I am really not clear how to 'insert' a driver into the chain.

I have enough coding experience & will eventually learn this - but if you can provide a quick start (or skeleton code) then I can certainly flesh it out.

John.

P.s glad to know about 5v compatibility - that makes it much easier, 'only' software now :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.