Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Bot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Falstaff

Falstaff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBellevue, WA

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:08 AM

I just completed my first simple Netduino project, a radio-controlled mini-bot platform. It leverages much of the technology I developed earlier for combat robots, such as the XBee PS2 controller, which kept the Netduino portion of the project simple.

Highlights:
* Netduino Plus (though no +plus+ features used)
* Sparkfun XBee Shield
* Sparkfun Ardumoto Motor Driver Shield
* PS2 XBee radio controller

Both Sparkfun shields required some minor modification to make them usable with the Netduino. Those details are on my website but I'll also post them to the "Compatible Shields" thread.

Details, photos and videos can be found at my website.

I have no particular plans for this project. The experience gained will be useful as I move on to my next project of controlling AX-12 Dynamixel servos (and eventually an AX-12 robotic arm) with the Netduino and the PS2 radio controller.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:58 AM

Hi Falstaff, Pretty cool! Just FYI, we'll be enabling software PWM on those other two PWM pins in v4.1.2... Not nearly as efficient as the powerful integrated hardware PWM, but it will remove the need to reroute pins on shields which use them... Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.