Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus Firmware v4.1.1 ALPHA 7

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

This firmware has been superceded by Netduino Plus Firmware v4.1.1 beta 1

#2 alanb

alanb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNottingham UK

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

Chris, Upgraded from alpha6 to alpha7 and all ok, booting code does not hang in vs deployment so no need for build3 any longer. :D Alan

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

Chris,
Upgraded from alpha6 to alpha7 and all ok, booting code does not hang in vs deployment so no need for build3 any longer. :D
Alan

Cool. Thanks for testing this, Alan.

Chris

#4 kenNET

kenNET

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

.EnableDhcp()
kind of work, I have to restart NetduinoPlus to get a IP from my router, then it works fine every time I start the board. If I just run the code I still get 0.0.0.0

/Ken

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

.EnableDhcp()
kind of work, I have to restart NetduinoPlus to get a IP from my router, then it works fine every time I start the board. If I just run the code I still get 0.0.0.0

Thanks, Ken. So we're getting closer, but are not quite there. Let's see if we can get this problem fully solved over the next few weeks before 4.1.1 goes gold.

Chris

#6 ColinR

ColinR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCape Town, South Africa

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

Chris,
Upgraded from alpha6 to alpha7 and all ok, booting code does not hang in vs deployment so no need for build3 any longer. :D
Alan

Confirmed. My fingers can take a break from pulling out and plugging in the USB cable :P

#7 madartsoft

madartsoft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

I upgraded my N+ and lost USB connection. My PC doesn't recognize Netduino.

#8 ScubaBoy

ScubaBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

Hi,

Installed the latest version of the firmware on my Netduino Plus so I could use the updates to the i2c interface. I'm trying to interface to an MD22 motor controller from My link. When I run my test project I get the an exception, please see attached screen shot. The exception occurs when I call the i2c execute method. I have also attached by VS2010 project to help.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Attached Files

#9 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:08 AM

Hi,

Installed the latest version of the firmware on my Netduino Plus so I could use the updates to the i2c interface. I'm trying to interface to an MD22 motor controller from My link. When I run my test project I get the an exception, please see attached screen shot. The exception occurs when I call the i2c execute method. I have also attached by VS2010 project to help.

Hi ScubaBoy,

Do you have a diagram of how the MD22 motor controller is attached to your Netduino? Does it have integrated pull-up resistors? And if not, have you added them to your I2C data and clock lines?

Chris

#10 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

I upgraded my N+ and lost USB connection. My PC doesn't recognize Netduino.

Hi madartsoft,

Were you using serial deployment or USB deployment before you upgraded your Netduino Plus?

If you hold down the pushbutton on your Netduino Plus while plugging it into your computer, can you immediately PING it from MFDeploy?

[Worst case scenario, you can always erase your Netduino Plus completely and reflash it...but really, firmware upgrades should go off without a hitch.]

Chris

#11 ScubaBoy

ScubaBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:07 AM

Hi ScubaBoy,

Do you have a diagram of how the MD22 motor controller is attached to your Netduino? Does it have integrated pull-up resistors? And if not, have you added them to your I2C data and clock lines?

Chris

I have got pull up resistors attached to the data and clock lines (MD22 doesn't have integrated ones), the MD22 motor controller is connected to analogue pins 4&5 for i2c side of things and gets +5v and 0v from the Netduino.

#12 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

In all likelihood, there is a problem with the device address - the current I2C implementation supports only 7-bit addressing, so 0xB0 is out of range.

#13 madartsoft

madartsoft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:54 AM

Hi madartsoft,

Were you using serial deployment or USB deployment before you upgraded your Netduino Plus?

If you hold down the pushbutton on your Netduino Plus while plugging it into your computer, can you immediately PING it from MFDeploy?

[Worst case scenario, you can always erase your Netduino Plus completely and reflash it...but really, firmware upgrades should go off without a hitch.]

Chris

I use USB deployment as serial was never worked for me. I had to restart my PC then it seems that everything is ok.

#14 ScubaBoy

ScubaBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:48 AM

In all likelihood, there is a problem with the device address - the current I2C implementation supports only 7-bit addressing, so 0xB0 is out of range.

Thanks for pointing that out, a little shift to the right and it's working :)

#15 Corey Kosak

Corey Kosak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationHoboken, NJ

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

Is the source code of the latest alpha firmware available somewhere?

#16 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

Is the source code of the latest alpha firmware available somewhere?

I can send you the diff files if you'd like, Corey. With v4.1.2, we'll also check in the betas online--but for now we just post the final versions. CodePlex should make it much less time consuming to package source updates and we can make it part of the workflow...

Chris

#17 Corey Kosak

Corey Kosak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationHoboken, NJ

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

I can send you the diff files if you'd like, Corey. With v4.1.2, we'll also check in the betas online--but for now we just post the final versions. CodePlex should make it much less time consuming to package source updates and we can make it part of the workflow...

Chris

Sure, that would be great! The only place I know to get source is here, and I assume that's rather out of date by now, and I don't know where else to go. Thanks!

#18 kenNET

kenNET

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

Chris, Will CW2's OneWire function be in the firmware? /Ken

#19 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

Will CW2's OneWire function be in the firmware?

The current plan is to integrate CW2's OneWire into v4.1.2 using runtime native code interop.

Chris

#20 kenNET

kenNET

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

The current plan is to integrate CW2's OneWire into v4.1.2 using runtime native code interop.

Chris

That sounds great, when do you think 4.1.2 is released (any betas before with OneWire?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.