Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Anybody interested in a cheap IMU?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Chris Seto

Chris Seto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

You know, we could also do this voice or something. I dunno. Also ring in for your choice of voice/text. I can go either way... :ph34r:

#22 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:18 AM

I'd be interested in one, I'm available Mon-Fri after 6pm PST (UTC -8). I greatly prefer Voice.

When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer :)
My Blog/Site and Everything Else

If my post helped you please consider pressing the "Like This" button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Oh my. So many things, so little money!!

#23 terrorgen

terrorgen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:12 AM

So we settled down on parts, 3 sensors + 1 Cortex M0 microcontroller (LPC1114) We cannot get any HMC5883 since none of the major electronic distributors (Digikey, Arrow, Farnell, etc) carries them. Looks like it’s still in its infancy. So, we have to end up with the expensive HMC5843 for now. Parts alone will cost us around $45 each board. I am not sure how many of you are still interested if that’s the case. Anssell (My supplier in China) will give me a quote on the pcb cost few days later so I will update you guys then. Oh and yes, you will need LPCXpresso (Another $20 investment) if you want to program the microcontroller yourself. The firmware will be burned into the microcontroller before I ship them out.

#24 terrorgen

terrorgen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

So, I got the quote. A fully assembled board will cost $80 each. Anyone still interested?

#25 Chris Seto

Chris Seto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

Do you want to post the Schematic and board files, Yonghan?

#26 Quiche31

Quiche31

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:05 PM

So, I got the quote. A fully assembled board will cost $80 each. Anyone still interested?

Please count me in

#27 terrorgen

terrorgen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:20 AM

PNG: Board Design PDF: Schematic

Attached Files

#28 terrorgen

terrorgen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:09 AM

Okay. Money Matters. The cost of one single CortexIMU will be $85 shipped (Could be cheaper if more people chip in). For those who are interested, I will need everyone to pay a $40 non-refundable deposit for easing my financial burden to get the board made. Once it's made it will take me and Chris Seto some time to port the DCM algorithm to the board and when it's done I'll have you pay me the remaining $s before I ship it out preloaded with our port of DCM algorithm. I'll accept Paypal and Money order drafted on a U.S. bank. Please PM me for details... EDIT: Please chip-in ASAP so I can confirm the orders. Thanks.

#29 Paolo

Paolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:21 AM

Okay. Money Matters.

The cost of one single CortexIMU will be $85 shipped (Could be cheaper if more people chip in). For those who are interested, I will need everyone to pay a $40 non-refundable deposit for easing my financial burden to get the board made. Once it's made it will take me and Chris Seto some time to port the DCM algorithm to the board and when it's done I'll have you pay me the remaining $s before I ship it out preloaded with our port of DCM algorithm.

I'll accept Paypal and Money order drafted on a U.S. bank. Please PM me for details...

EDIT: Please chip-in ASAP so I can confirm the orders. Thanks.

Sorry if I bother you,

but I would know if there are some other boards available.
If so what exactly I have to do in order to get one?
Do you ship in italy too, if so what option you provide?
What would cost be?

Thanks for any details.
Paolo.

#30 Troll feeder

Troll feeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

If this is still going down, I'll buy one.

#31 PaulB

PaulB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:41 AM

Chris Why you did not use LSM303DLH accelerometer/magnetomer ($5.25 Newark Distributor). Paul

#32 Michel Trahan

Michel Trahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

Any left ? Mike.
Started with C in 1985, moved to Vb3 ... to vb6 and stopped. Now started with .Net and learning C# and VB.net and wishing VB.net was on MF !

#33 Chris Seto

Chris Seto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:35 PM

We are still in the process of collecting interested parties, so yes, there are plenty left :D

#34 Michel Trahan

Michel Trahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:00 PM

Still new at all this but thinking of buying a couple of sensors to play with to understand what is at stake ... I liked the idea of having a 9dof sensor :) I'll add a GPS, Temperature and Barometer. Any good altimeter around ? And a few proximity sensors (for autonomous flying) ... Still need paypal prepayment of 40$ ? PM me ! Mike.
Started with C in 1985, moved to Vb3 ... to vb6 and stopped. Now started with .Net and learning C# and VB.net and wishing VB.net was on MF !

#35 Rod Lopez

Rod Lopez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:48 PM

Add me to the list as well :)

#36 Michel Trahan

Michel Trahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:02 AM

Any updates ?

#37 terrorgen

terrorgen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

We are going to make our initial board run of 9 boards. Still accepting interested parties!

#38 Troll feeder

Troll feeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:11 AM

I am still interested. Any cost estimate? Any change in features? Thanks Mike. Please excuse brief post iPhone+bed+1:00 AM

#39 Chris Seto

Chris Seto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

No change in features, but those are only projected features. Ultimately, I'm just gonna cram as much stuff as I feel is useful in the thing. I don't think we'll be short on features, but there may be extra stuff.

Ascended will be building the first 9 CortexIMUs by Pick-Place.

#40 Michel Trahan

Michel Trahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

We are going to make our initial board run of 9 boards.

Do you need something more from me :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.