Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Very short delays, less than 1ms

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fuginator

Fuginator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:55 AM

I'm trying to setup a data stream to a 4017 decade counter to control some LED's - so far everything works, and I'm providing a 'clock' to the chip with a digital output on the board. My problem is with a 1ms delay it's too slow, there is flicker in the LED's and with no delay the 4017 can't keep up... Any thoughts on how to overcome this issue? Thanks, Andrew

#2 Illishar

Illishar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:09 AM

Tricky. I guess you could try implmenting it in native code (in a loop) and see how it works. (It won't be deterministic) The problem is that netmf is not real time. It's not well suiting for this kind of CPU burning. How about some kind of DMA solution?

#3 Jim Davies

Jim Davies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationBrighton & Hove, UK

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:04 PM

(my original reply was bad - deleted) Anyone got anywhere with this? Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.