Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Downgrade netduino3 ethernet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 piiper

piiper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:46 AM

Is it possible to downgrade the netduino3 ethernet to get rid of the new IP stack?

#2 TechnoGuy

TechnoGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:05 AM

The network adapters in the Netduino 3 WiFi & Netduino 3 Ethernet boards are different from what is in the Netduino Plus 2.

• Netduino 3 Ethernet:  Asix AX88796CLF MAC/PHY chip (10/100 Mbit/s)
  • Netduino 3 WiFi:  Texas Instruments CC3100 (supports up to 802.11n & supports SSL)
  • Netduino Plus 2:  ENC28J60 (only 10 Mbit/s)

Because of this I believe it was necessary for new support to be implemented for the networking hardware in the Netduino 3 boards.

In addition, there's been an initiative (coming from the .NET Micro Framework team) to move from the original networking stack to something called Lightweight IP (LWIP).  I believe that much of that has been incorporated into the drivers for the network adapters in the new boards.

Anyway, several people (myself included) have noticed that certain network-related things which used to work on the Netduino Plus 2 don't work / don't work properly / don't work the same with the Netduino 3 boards (check other forum postings).

There is a GitHub repository (see the link below) which contains the source code for the new network stack.  I would suggest that you could log issues against the repository for the problems that you're seeing.  Maybe we can all work together to get a good work list created.  It's actually possible for members of our community to contribute fixes to that repository.

Netduino IP GitHub Repository

- Ian

My Current Dev Boards:

• 3 x Netduino Plus 2
  • 1 x Netduino 3 WiFi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.