Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Bricked netduino plus 2 and can't seem to reflash it

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Direstraits

Direstraits

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 06:11 PM

What happened

Was trying out some simple led code and accidentally hit my USB hub while debugging.  That caused my computer to blue screen and after reconnecting everything I couldn't connect to my netduino anymore.  The netduino would appear in Visual Studio and MFDeploy, but everytime you tried to deploy or ping it would disconnect halfway through.

What I tried

I tried reflashing the firmware through the upgrade process on this post http://forums.netdui...-v432-update-1/but it doesn't seem to work.

I erased the netduino using STDFU Tester.  Then disconnected USB, held the button, connected USB and ran the upgrade process in NetduinoUpdate.

After upgrading the led on the netduino stays on and the netduino disappeared from the upgrade list, then reappeared.

If I reset the netduino after updating, the led stays on temporarily and then goes off.  From my understanding as long as the light goes off after booting its not hosed.

The netduino currently appears as Unkown Device in Device Manager.  See http://imgur.com/h4aEfjV

Any idea why this isn't working and how to get it back so I can see it in VS?

#2 DoesNotCompute

DoesNotCompute

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:26 AM

Same problem. A NP2 that I bought a while back and have done very little with so far. I got it out today and ran the firmware update for 4.3.2.1 and it doesn't show up in either MFDeploy or VS2013. Shows up as Unknown Device in device manager. Seem to recall going through this with a Netduino Plus 1 that I have but managing to resolve the problem. Do I have to erase with the 3v3/gold spot trick and start from scratch? ANy help would be appreciated before I put this aside and switch to using an RPI :)

#3 Stanislav Husár

Stanislav Husár

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:16 PM

Do I have to erase with the 3v3/gold spot trick and start from scratch? 

Well, I'm afraid that gen2 and gen3 Netduinos do not have gold erase pad - STM32 MCUs do not have ERASE pin.

#4 DoesNotCompute

DoesNotCompute

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:50 PM

I gave up on it after that post but thought about it some more. Today I went back to previous firmware versions (all the way back to 4.1) but nothing worked. I can still update the firmware but it doesn't show up in device manager and so I can't connect via USB. I then went back to the last version of the Netduino drivers that Chris W. had posted and installed those from the 'Update Driver' option in Windows 7. Now it shows up in device manager as a Netduino (not a plus 2) but that's fine - I can connect with MFDeploy and see the board device caps. Still can't upload from VS2013 but at least I'm making some progress. Seems like the latest firmware packages don't install a usb driver on my computer.. I'll most more later when I find the problem.

#5 DoesNotCompute

DoesNotCompute

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:59 PM

Hmm. Previous solutions won't download to the board (deployment error) but if I create one from scratch in VS 2013, it works. At least I'm back up and running, Hope this helps someone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.