Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Nut/OS (RTOS)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Illishar

Illishar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hello there, I was just fooling around with the Netduino when I tried installing Nut/OS. Nut/OS is an RTOS: http://www.ethernut....ware/nutos.html Unlike FreeRTOS, Nut/OS has a lot of drivers included. Especially ethernet related ones. (That can be both good and bad I guess.) Among others it has a pre-configured AT91SAM7x-ek port and a tutorial to follow. If you use the YAGARTO4.4 compiler it compiles smoothly. And it also seems to work out of the box! (Notice that the Netduino has a different chip and is a completly different board.) ... It seems easy to adjust though. LOL, usually this would have involved a lot of pain, screaming and more pain. I haven't tested the ethernet yet, but it's still rather interesting. Could have potiential.

#2 billy

billy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:38 AM

Indeed! Tested with "yagarto-bu-2.19.1_gcc-4.4.1-c-c++_nl-1.17.0_gi-6.8.50_20090817" on Nut/OS "ethernut-4.8.8". There are tons of driver and samples. Latest YAGARTO tool chain won't build. httpd sample works with cgi, asp, form authentication and flash support, dhcp acquired ip from my home gateway. Will do more tests tomorrow.

#3 Illishar

Illishar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

The lastest YAGARTO won't compile due to the rename. Eg. arm-elf-gcc has become arm-none-eabi-gcc. Or did you manage to adjust the setup? (I didn't bother seaching that much.)

#4 billy

billy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

I was wrong and you are right. I installed the latest YAGARTO, and had both YAGARTO and GNUARM toolchain in my path. It was the GNUARM(GCC4.1 toolchain) didn't compile, some 'unsetenv' compiling error, so I switched to early YAGARTO version.

And, if I change MCU to AT91SAM7X512 from config, reirq.c(or similar) file failed to compile.
I will try to get SD and LED task work tonight.

The lastest YAGARTO won't compile due to the rename. Eg. arm-elf-gcc has become arm-none-eabi-gcc.

Or did you manage to adjust the setup? (I didn't bother seaching that much.)

#5 plc66

plc66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:54 AM

Good Day, Thanks a lot for the above info. I am very new with nut/OS (and very hopeful), and I need a bit of help. Basically I went through the whole install process (used Yagarto 4.4.1 and nutos 4.8.9 ). No worries. All good until I flash the Netduino and restart the board. Upon reboot, I get this "USB not recognized" error. I tried another time and Verified the following points : - Enable flash access - OK - Boot from flash - OK - Compared both files - OK Do we need to do something specific about the USB stack in the configurator to get the serial link enabled ? Thanks in advance.

#6 Nishant

Nishant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

Good Day,

Thanks a lot for the above info.

I am very new with nut/OS (and very hopeful), and I need a bit of help.

Basically I went through the whole install process (used Yagarto 4.4.1 and nutos 4.8.9 ). No worries.

All good until I flash the Netduino and restart the board.

Upon reboot, I get this "USB not recognized" error.

I tried another time and Verified the following points :
- Enable flash access - OK
- Boot from flash - OK
- Compared both files - OK

Do we need to do something specific about the USB stack in the configurator to get the serial link enabled ?

Thanks in advance.

HI were you able to get it working? WHere to start about to implement RTOS on netduino?

"Real Men can Accomplish Anything"
nishant@winacro.com
www.winacro.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.