Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

DNS.GetNetworkTime

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ukkiwisurfer

ukkiwisurfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:06 PM

Hi,

I've noticed an interesting issue with the Netduino 3 (Ethernet) today. Thanks to TechnoGuy for pointing out I had posted in an old forum...

I deployed the same (unmodified) application code that runs perfectly fine on a Netduino Plus 2 onto the Netduino 3, and on the Netduino 3 it throws an exception in the code below

public DateTime GetNetworkTime(string hostName = "time-a.nist.gov")

{

var hostEntry = Dns.GetHostEntry(hostName);

}

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Netduino.IP.LinkLayers.AX88796C.

My Netduino Plus 2 has been upgraded to 4.3.2.1 and is using the new IP stack. I'm using Windows 7, VS2013 and using .Net MF SDK 4.3. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

#2 ukkiwisurfer

ukkiwisurfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:58 AM

After investigating further it appears that this issue is related to the time it is taking for the board to have a DHCP IP address allocated to it. i.e. The board (unless you wait for the network address to change) will have a default IP address of 0.0.0.0.

See http://forums.netdui...ork-connection/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.