Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 2 - Restore Production SW Load

Netduino Plus 2 Firmware Down

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DrewBrost

DrewBrost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

Hi,

While trying to update my newly received Netduino Plus 2 firmware, I created a brick!  Unfortunately I did not save the image that came on the board before erasing the contents trying to re-flash.

Looking around on the Forum, I did not see a Firmware V4.2.0.0 ( I believe that was on the board).  Question: how do I restore my board to the original code in memory?  Is it possible?

I am also unable to identify the best (latest) SW to use on this board.  Any ideas (web links) for the following with the Netduino Plus 2 target in mind?

1) Visual Studio C#  (note: the Adafruit web page download link to Visual Studio C# Express no longer works).

2) .NET Micro Framework SDK

3) Netduino SDK

4) Netduino Plus 2 Firmware Drop (CONFIG,BOOT,FLASH)

As a new user (1 day!) I am bummed I broke my board.  I have been able to restore v4.3.2.3 memory, but it is incompatible with Visual Studio C#/.NET Framework v4.2 SW, ARGH.......  I am also lost trying to figure out what firmware release works with what Visual Studio C#/.NET Framework SW package.  Any quick feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Drew

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:26 PM

Hey Drew,

You can grab the latest Netduino v4.2.x firmware here (sticky post at the top of the forum):
http://forums.netdui...-v432-update-1/

Just put your Netduino Plus 2 in bootloader mode, run the post's firmware update tool, and you should be back to factory fresh :)

Welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

#3 DrewBrost

DrewBrost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:05 AM

Hi Chris,

Wow!  You responded to my question, thank you.  I suspect you get a lot of requests from people.  Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I do have another question.  I have come to the conclusion that VS2013 is not stable on the Netduino Plus 2, specifically using USB target debugging.  I spent a lot of time trying to get the target based debugger to work.  It did work once in a while (mostly not) so I concluded the SW install was correct.  Since giving up, I uninstalled all related SW and cleaned my registry, then installed VS2012 with update 5.  This release seems stable and the debugging features on Netduino Plus 2 work well!

At the end of the day I am using the following on Windows 7 Pro SP1 setup:

VS2012 + Update 5 ( with netmfvs2012.vsix)

NET_Micro_Framework_SDK_v4.3_QFE2

Netduino_SDK_v4.3.2.1

My question to you is this:

For Netduino Plus 2 platform on WIN 7 what is the latest recommended C# SW environment we should use?  Is the above SW recommended, or something newer?  My son and plan to use this platform extensively and are vetting the tools.  We desire to start with the latest, most stable tools as we begin.

Thanks again for getting back to us.  We are running Netduino_firmware_v4.3.2.1 as per your recommendation.  It works great!

Cheers,

Drew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.