Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Can't create Netduino project

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Curt

Curt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hi folks, I've recently installed on Windows Vista Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, Netduino SDK 4.1.0, and MS .NET Micro Framework SDK 4.1 and want to start playing around with my Netduino board. When I try to create a Netduino project (File -> New -> Project -> Netduino Application) I get the following error: The project file 'C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\l4eqggkc.g4b\NetduinoApplication1.csproj' cannot be opened. The project type is not supported by this installation. Any thoughts on what I can do to get things to work? I've already rebooted the machine. Thanks, Curt

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:04 PM

Hi Curt, Are you able to create a .NET Micro Framework "Console Application"? Also, are you running Visual Studio with Administrator permissions? Chris

#3 Curt

Curt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:19 AM

Hi Chris, Yes, I'm running with admin privileges. Also, the only choices I have for the Micro Framework templates are: Netduino App, Netduino Mini App, and Netduino Plus App. Thanks, Curt

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:46 AM

Hi Curt,

Please reinstall the .NET Micro Framework SDK (and make sure it's v4.1 QFE1). The error you're getting seems to indicate that the Netduino SDK is installed but the .NET MF SDK installer had troubles...

Direct links to the proper files are on the downloads page.

Chris

#5 Curt

Curt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

Hi Chris, Reinstalling the .NET Micro Framework SDK did the trick. Appreciate the help! Thanks, Curt

#6 Driver A

Driver A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hi Curt,

Please reinstall the .NET Micro Framework SDK (and make sure it's v4.1 QFE1). The error you're getting seems to indicate that the Netduino SDK is installed but the .NET MF SDK installer had troubles...

Direct links to the proper files are on the downloads page.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm having the same problem (can't see Netduino Application project in project templates), I've reinstalled everything and still no go.

Any clues?

Thanks!

#7 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:42 AM

I'm having the same problem (can't see Netduino Application project in project templates), I've reinstalled everything and still no go.

I've seen this a few times with other libraries. In my case it seems that the project templates are put in a standard place and I have my VS installed in a non-standard location.

Try searching your system for the file NetduinoPlusApplication.zip. If you find it move that file (and I think you'll also find the other two in the same place as well) and put them in you VS templates directory. On my machine this is Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\Micro Framework.

It may be interesting to know the results.

Hope this helps,
Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#8 san983

san983

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:57 AM

Hi there, I had the same problem, but solved it reinstalling the microframework SDK, Thanks for the advice, Santiago

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.