Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Win10 + VS2015 + Netduino -> 'System.NotSupportedException'

Win10 VS2015

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JamieDixon

JamieDixon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:13 PM

I recently repaved a laptop where installed Win 10 and VS2015 Ultimate.
I then installed:
.NET Micro Framework SDK v4.3
.NET MF plug-in for VS2015 (http://forums.netdui...al-studio-2015/)
Netduino SDK v4.3.2.1

I then hooked up a Netduino 2 that worked fine with my Windows 8/VS2013 machine.  The Netdunino gets recognized .NET Microframework deployment tool and Visual Studio Sees it
I then did a "File -> New Project -> Netduino Application (Universal)" and added in basic "blinky" code.
When I try and run it on the Netduino I get this:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll

Here is the detail:

Found debugger!

Found debugger!

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at 806b180, end 8086098

Assembly: mscorlib (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: System (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: System.IO (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Time (4.3.1.0)

Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware (4.3.1.0)

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: ChickenSoftware,Netduino (1.0.0.0)

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GoBus (1.5.0.0)

Resolving.

The debugging target runtime is loading the application assemblies and starting execution.
Ready.

'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Native.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\System.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.IO.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\System.IO.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.3\le\SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.3\le\SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Time.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.3\le\SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
 Invalid address 0 and range 40 Ram Start 20000000, Ram end 20020000

'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'ChickenSoftware'
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.14.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.3\le\GoBus.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
An unhandled exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

?

#2 TechnoGuy

TechnoGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:05 AM

Hi Jamie,

I tried the same on a computer with Windows 10 & VS2015 Community.

It has the same additions as you've listed, added in the same order:

1. .NET Micro Framework SDK 4.3 (QFE2-RTM) [Jan 26 2015]  (4.3.1)
  2. VS2015 Project System Extension (VSIX Plug In) (alpha)  (netmfvs14)
  3. Netduino SDK 4.3.2.1

I was able to deploy the code to a Netduino Plus 2 without issues.  It ran fine.  Like you I created it using the Netduino Application (Universal) template.

I have compared my Debug Output to yours and have noticed some minor differences.  I've attached mine here as a .txt file.  I notice the following differences:

• Loading start point (address different)
  • The order in which some of the assemblies load (your GoBus.dll loads much later on than mine does)

Anyway, I'm wondering if you have the latest Netduino firmware installed on your device?

There's a tool called MFDeploy that you can use to examine what you have.  You can find it on the start menu under Microsoft .NET Framework 4.3 and then .NET Micro Framework Deployment Tool.

There are separate instructions in the forum on how to use the tool, but basically do this:

1. Device = USB (should then show NetduinoPlus2_Netduino)
  2. Target --> Connect
  3. Target --> Device Capabilities

You should see 3 lines that say "Netduino Plus 2" followed by the firmware rev.  I have 4.3.2.1.  What do you have?  If you're back-leveled, you can find the latest firmware on the downloads page.

Regards, Ian

Attached Files

- Ian

My Current Dev Boards:

• 3 x Netduino Plus 2
  • 1 x Netduino 3 WiFi

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Win10, VS2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.