Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Did I break my ND3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Xcone

Xcone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

Hi, 

I taking my first steps with the ND3 (or with any ND or similar device at all). A few weeks ago I managed to get the GoBUS potentiometer value and PWM control the onboard led with it. So I bought some led Amplifiers and led strips to do the same trick.

In the meantime I've also upgraded Windows from 8.1 to Windows 10. After which I didn't verify if my dev environment still works.

So today finally having some more time to work on it, I decided to connect the led amp to the ND3, change the code and deploy it. Which didn't work, as the ND3 doesn't respond anymore. Afterwards I noticed the pin I connected the led to was Analog In, instead of IO.

So now I'm unsure if it's not working because of Window 10, or because I used the wrong pin and perhaps broken the board because of it?

I've read some posts here, so far I did the following:
Reinstalled MF framework SDK
Reinstalled Netduino SDK

Rebooted computer

Reconnecting USB cable.

Used MFDeploy to ping

Strangely, after reconnecting the USB cable, the first ping seems to work .. for a bit. 
Sometimes it logs Assembies, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometime the list is longer or shorter. The last assembly name appears to be cut-off as well. A second ping is never possible, as MF_Deploy sais there's no connection.

So I don't know what to make of it? Is my windows update the problem, or is the board broken?

Regards,

Koen

#2 David Weaver

David Weaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBloomington IL

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:13 AM

This may not have anything to do with your problem. However I just updated my system and had to references to three 4.2 assemblies. All the referenced assemblies should be 4.3. I hope this helps. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.