Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

No WiFi signal

WiFi

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hrh1818

hrh1818

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:09 PM

I am using a Nexus 10 as a WiFi sniffer to see if the Netduino 3 WiFi s working. However the Nexus 10  does not detect a Netduino 3 WiFi signal.  What needs to be done to get WiFi t work on Netduino 3? 

hrh1818

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:49 PM

Hi hrh1818,

Just open up MFDeploy, switch the deployment method to USB, and then change your Netduino 3 Wi-Fi's network settings (to match your AP). You can find this option in Target > Configuration > Network Configuration.

Beyond that, make sure that you have an app deployed to your Netduino (even a simple blinky app). With power management, the network chip starts up when your app starts up...so you won't see any Wi-Fi activity if there isn't an app installed.

Welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

#3 hrh1818

hrh1818

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:30 PM

Hello Chris,

Attached is a copy of my "network Configuration" dialog.  I have not gotten the WiFi capabilities of the Neduino 3 to work and do not not know what to change in the "Network Configuration" dialog.  Hence please inspect the dialog and tell me what to change.

In the deployment tool start page  I selected USB device and Netduino3_Netduino.  The blink program is running on the Netduino 3 module.

hrh1818

Attached Files

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:14 PM

Hi hrh1818,

From your screenshot... Is that your SSID and passphrase? [If you change those to your SSID/passphrase, you should be good to go.]

Please note that the Wi-Fi chip will _not_ turn on unless an app is loaded on your board. Is there a NETMF app running your board?

Chris

#5 hrh1818

hrh1818

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:10 PM

Hello Chris, 

Attached is a screenshot of my "Network Configuration" dialog with the changes you specified.  However My Netduino 3 still does not get connected to my Ethernet/Wireless Router.  I used the same Network Key used when connecting tablets to my router.  The blink app running on the Netduino 3 is blinking twice a second.  

Is a green LED suppose to light up when Netduino 3 is successfully connected to an Ethernet/Wireless Router?

What additional things should I do to get the Netduino 3 connected to my router?  

hrh1818

Attached Files

#6 ukkiwisurfer

ukkiwisurfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:37 PM

Hi,

Have you tried setting the Authentication in your configuration to 'Shared'?

Thanks,

Jason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.