Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Gobus and Grove compatibility?

Grove Gobus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hrh1818

hrh1818

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:51 PM

Are Grove sensors compatible with the GoBus?

hrh1818

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

Hi hrh1818,

No, Grove modules are different. That said, you have a few options.

#1: if you are an advanced hacker, and you can find one of these, you can access the GoBus pins directly (via (Cpu.Pin)0x##, etc.) to get to the Grove pins--assuming the Grove modules have their pins mapped to the desired places.
http://www.seeedstud...ble-p-1084.html

#2: this could work too, for mapping Grove pins to the Arduino shield-style pins on Netduino:
http://www.seeedstud...e_-_Base_Shield

Chris

#3 KiwiDev

KiwiDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:10 AM

Hi hrh1818

I use Grove modules & Netduinos (N2,N2P&N3W) for my projects and at a number of CodeClubs  I help run.

The grove kit & Netduinos have proved pretty robust, only 1 device has died in the last year and they have a pretty hard life.

Currently we have 30+ Netduinos which are used at 5 times a week for classes for middle & high school students.

I find the main consideration is supporting 3v3 & 5V sensors simultaneously on digital & analog ports.

For example I have some ultrasonic rangers (which need 5V) if I want to plug in some analog sensors (which need 3v3) at the same time I can't.

I have posted a wish on the SeeedStudio site suggesting spilt power supply for Analog & Digital ports

@KiwiBryn

blog.devmobile.co.nz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.