Network stops working on the hour or one minute after - Page 2 - Netduino.IP Technical Preview - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Network stops working on the hour or one minute after

Netduino.IP network issue sockets TCP UDP

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 NameOfTheDragon

NameOfTheDragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCanterbury, Kent, UK

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:11 PM

I'm afraid that the lack of response on this issue has converted me from a firm advocate to something of a disbeliever. I am coming to the end of my patience with all the bugs and limitations. Netduinos are getting ever more expensive, while it is now possible to get a Raspberry Pi 2 with Windows 10 IoT Core, a quad core CPU, 1Gb RAM, all for significantly less than the cost of a Netduino.

Raspberry Pi 2: 1Gb Ram, ARM Cortex A7, 900MHz quad core, Windows 10 IoT core - £29.99

Netduino 3 ethernet: 1408Kb +168Kb; ARM Cortex M4, 168MHz single core, MSIL interpreter - £47.27

It is getting harder to justify given the refusal to deal with issues and the widening price gap. Somebody persuade me that a RasPi doesn't make more sense. Anyone?

#22 Tom

Tom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:17 PM

I'll chime in with my disappointment as well with the lack of followup on a number of issues posted in the forums. Really do have to wonder what future the netduino platform has, and if SecretLabs is a one-man-show? 
I know MS have piled a lot into the netmf but it does seem like Windows 10 on the RPi is getting the love at the moment. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Netduino.IP, network, issue, sockets, TCP, UDP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.