help with RTC DS3231 AT24C32 - Netduino 3 - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

help with RTC DS3231 AT24C32

rtcclock DS3231

Best Answer KiwiDev, 13 July 2015 - 12:42 AM

HI Tridy,

On the Netduino 3 the I2C pins are the last two on 10pin connector by the reset button.(labelled SD&SC)

This is the same arrangement that devices like the Arduino R3.

@KiwiBryn

blog.devmobile.co.nz

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tridy

tridy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

Hi.

I have got this DS3231 AT24C32 IIC module precision Real time clock module and I am trying to get it working with Netduino 3.

1. Size: 38mm (length) * 22mm (W) * 14mm (height)
2. Weight: 8g
3. Operating voltage :3.3 - 5 .5 V
4. Clock chip: high-precision clock chip DS3231
5. Clock Accuracy :0-40 ? range, the accuracy 2ppm, the error was about 1 minute
6. Calendar alarm clock with two
7. Programmable square-wave output
8. Real time clock generator seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month and year timing and provide valid until the year 2100 leap year compensation
9. Chip temperature sensor comes with an accuracy of ± 3 ?
10. Memory chips: AT24C32 (storage capacity 32K)
11. IIC bus interface, the maximum transmission speed of 400KHz (working voltage of 5V)
12. Can be cascaded with other IIC device, 24C32 addresses can be shorted A0/A1/A2 modify default address is 0x57
13. With rechargeable battery LIR2032, to ensure the system after power failure, the clock move any natural normal
14. Packing: single anti-static packaging

Wiring instructions (with Arduino uno r3 for example):
SCL ? A5
SDA ? A4
VCC ? 5V
GND ? GND

I wired 5v and GND and Analog 4 and 5 and trying to use DS1307 code that seems to be doing the work that DS3231 would need but when trying to access the property CurrentDateTime, clock.Execute always returns 0.

Could someone please help me with figuring out what I am doing wrong?

Is there a way of figuring out if Netduino can actually "see" the analog device?

What is the best way to start?

Thanks!

#2 KiwiDev

KiwiDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:42 AM   Best Answer

HI Tridy,

On the Netduino 3 the I2C pins are the last two on 10pin connector by the reset button.(labelled SD&SC)

This is the same arrangement that devices like the Arduino R3.

@KiwiBryn

blog.devmobile.co.nz

#3 tridy

tridy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:18 AM

Thanks.

After I connected the pins to CS and SD pins, DS3231 works as expected, with Toolbox.NETMF.Hardware.DS1307 it can get, set and sync the date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.