Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Powering Netduino using micro USB charger?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Frode

Frode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:51 PM

Hi, 

this might be a silly question, but I want to ask before I connect. I'm pretty sure it'll work, but better to be on the safe side.

Is there any reason why a Netduino can't be powered using a regular micro USB cellphone charger? Since you can power the board using micro USB when debugging I'm assuming that the board can be powered using a charger, right?

And if so, what would be the minimum current requirement for the charger?

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

Hi Frode,

No worries, better safe (asking questions) than sorry (wishing you had later)... :)

USB chargers have to conform to the same USB power specs as computer USB ports. That's one of the beauties about USB. So as long as it's a good USB charger, you're good to go!

You can also power your Netduino using its USB jack from any 5V regulated source that's rated for 500mA.

Chris

#3 Frode

Frode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:22 AM

Thanks! I've got a lot better access to cellphone chargers than I do barrel-jack adapters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.