Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

How many clients that NT3 can take?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RioChan

RioChan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:00 AM

Hi.

Just wondering, how many clients that NT3 can take?

As I know, the CC3100 only serves 8 sockets.

So, within your IP Stack, how many sockets that NT3 can take?

Please comment.

Thanks.

BR Rio

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:14 AM

Hi Rio,

The CC3100 module can handle 8 simultaneous unsecure sockets plus 2 simultaneous secure sockets.

For launch, we are limiting the number of sockets to the CC3100's built-in limit. If we pushed the hybrid Netduino.IP stack aside and ran the full Netduino.IP stack, you could in theory get many dozens of sockets.

All that said: the reality is that NETMF is designed for low-power devices where you might be connected to a few things at once. It really isn't designed to power high-speed routers or act as a mega web server, etc.

BTW, welcome to the Netduino community!

Chris

#3 RioChan

RioChan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:58 AM

Hi Chris:

Thanks for the replying.

Let me introduce myself.

I'm the TI CC3xxx SW FAE in Taiwan.

And we have a customer is willing to have the solution for letting CC3200 have the unlimited socket.

I'm not sure if you have the solution ready for this request or not.

If yes, may you mind we introduce you to this customer? (My company email is: rc@ti.com)

Thanks.

BR Rio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.