Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino jtag & power ?

Best Answer Chris Walker, 19 May 2015 - 05:29 PM

Hi joebamboo,

For JTAG debugging you should plug in your Netduino Plus 2 normally (USB or AC-DC adapter).

The MiniJTAG pins do have a power reference but that's mostly so that the debugger hardware knows what reference voltage to use. The debugger shouldn't power your board via that pin.

When we debug Netduino firmware, we usually do so with a STLink/V2--while powering the Netduino via USB.

Excited to hear about your native code adventures,

Chris Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joebamboo

joebamboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:37 AM

Hi all,

To make it working with stlink v2 do the netduino needs to be powered via usb ? cause i plugged the jtag and no leds lights up & the netduino (plus 2)is not recognized by the st debug prob.

Do i also need to boot up in dfu mode ?

Just asking before to fry my board.

Thanks!

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:29 PM   Best Answer

Hi joebamboo,

For JTAG debugging you should plug in your Netduino Plus 2 normally (USB or AC-DC adapter).

The MiniJTAG pins do have a power reference but that's mostly so that the debugger hardware knows what reference voltage to use. The debugger shouldn't power your board via that pin.

When we debug Netduino firmware, we usually do so with a STLink/V2--while powering the Netduino via USB.

Excited to hear about your native code adventures,

Chris

#3 joebamboo

joebamboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:31 AM

Thanks Chris !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.