Best Answer Chris Walker , 13 May 2015 - 06:05 PM
Can you try something for me really quickly?
1. Unplug your Netduino 3 from your computer. Remove all shields/components from the board.
2. Start Netduino Update on your computer.
3. Plug the MicroUSB cable into your Netduino 3.
4. Hold the pushbutton on your Netduino 3. Keep holding the pushbutton.
5. Plug the other end of the USB cable into your PC (while still holding the pushbutton).
Does the board show up in Netduino Update now? What does it appear as?
We've found that the STDFU drivers struggle a little bit with some computers (a combination of certain versions of Windows and certain USB chipset drivers). The above steps are meant to eliminate power-up sequence and signal connection speed from the equation.
There is a backup reflash plan, in case Netduino Update can't pull your board type via the STDFU drivers. Today that backup plan is using the STDFU tools themselves--although we could add a "manual firmware selection" feature to Netduino Update in the future if that's a better backup option.
Chris Go to the full post