Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

FreeRTOS

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 teachop

teachop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks for the offer, will try again next weekend. I am using CodeSourcery on Linux for the toolchain, so will write something to fill those gaps and add it to syscalls.

My Netduino Plus is on "temporary deployment" (FreeRTOS+uIP, which is solid) trying to impress my wife turning stuff off and on from the phone. She wasn't.

The best was when I built our alarm clock from an AVR. Her response - "Is that what you have been doing?" Sigh...

#42 idragoev

idragoev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

Hi guys, it seems I'm not the only one that wants to see FreeRTOS on my NetduinoPlus. Unfortunately, I cannot compile the demos - I am using the lates Codesourcery ARM EABI tooolchain. Then I rea din forums that it might not working with that version. My question is: can you tell me what versions of the tools (toolchaions, Eclipse, other) you are using to compile? Even better if you have link? Even better if you have VirtualBox or other virtual machine that I can use? Thanks in advance. Regards, Ivan

#43 Firegun

Firegun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hello guys, I´m joining the native initiative! I´m not an expert in embedded dev, I´m a web/desktop programmer that loves robotics and digital electronics, not that I´m experienced on those, but I´m one of those ppl that love to learn new things and go for it. I wanna left a bit of my feeling in the "get native" quest: - I´m having lot of troubles to find all that I would need to get started building native applications in one point. I had to look a bit in the forums, figure a bit by myself, talk to a friend, finaly find resources for the at91sam7x-ek. It´s a bit ok, toked a long time to find lot of stuff... Suggestion: Let´s do what guys had suggested, open a new section on forum for native/other solutions to the netduino, and start to get topics like this one moved there. Make specific posts to how to flash the board, no let a awsome video buried on other topic about other stuff. - I don´t like the Eclipse IDE, I prefer the Netbeans, and seems I was able to get it working with the YAGARTO, I say seems cause I still didn´t uploaded the code to the board and tested it, but code got compiled. For any1 wanting to know if they could use other env then the above mentioned (this prob could work with the Sourcery too, I didn´t tested it, yet). There is any news on running the FreeRTOS/Network/SD on Netduino? Some1 have tried uClinux or other uC OS? Some1 else doing something on native mode? :) Or wanting to get started? I rly wanna to learn with the experts I know are around and willing to share what I´ve learned so far!

#44 Bobi

Bobi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:17 AM

For entertainment, I tried FreeRTOS on the Netduino Plus using SAM-BA. The networking has flakes, but it is working. With the SAM7X demo, it acts like a USB mouse OK, prints stats via the web server, and gives control of the LED to a web page. It is easy to get the real Netduino Plus software back into it when you are done.

Anybody else playing about with this, or something similar?

This sounds awesome! Could you make available some code samples or anything else... about how is it possible to handle button interrupts. For the last many days I've been trying to create a simple freeRTOS program where I have one blinking LED and when you press the onboard button I want to handle the interrupt and set the LED off.

What I've tried so far was to get the SAM7x512 Getting Started example from Atmel and their demo worked perfectly fine. Then I tried to do the same thing in one of the freeRTOS demos but it seems that the port is not the same and I don't know how to configure my interrupt correctly.

#45 Valkyrie-MT

Valkyrie-MT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

one thing I don't understand is that the CPU_CLOCK_HZ is defined as 47923200 in FreeRTOS,
vs. defined as 48000000 in Netduino firmware, why?

Ha, I wonder if it should be 47923200 on the Netduino firmware, because the Netduino seems to have an 12 second per day time drift (give or take) but it's remarkably repeatable :).

Chris, Can we tweak this number for the RC4 build? I'll run some tests to see if it fixes the time drift.

-Valkyrie-MT

#46 Firegun

Firegun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

Ha, I wonder if it should be 47923200 on the Netduino firmware, because the Netduino seems to have an 12 second per day time drift (give or take) but it's remarkably repeatable :).

I can´t tell if the problem resides there, I can tell that the code provided by Atmel for the sam7x512-ek (I know they don´t make boards with that chip) there is the following code (in the board.h):

/// Frequency of the board main oscillator.
#define BOARD_MAINOSC           18432000

/// Master clock frequency (when using board_lowlevel.c).
#define BOARD_MCK               48000000

If the 47923200 is the right value, maybe even Atmel is missing that one :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.