Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Memory Shortage while Loading Assemblies Dynamically

RAMAssembly SD Card

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Afshin

Afshin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

I have been using https://fabienroyer....ith-a-netduino/ as a guideline for updating my application remotely at runtime on ND+2.

However, the problem is that the size of.pe file is about 60KB, and that results in low memory exception when the code reads assembly bytes and copies them into byte array (assmfile.Read, taking 60KB of RAM) and then loads the assembly (Assmbley.Laod, taking another 60KB of RAM). I am aware that I can break down the application into smaller separate assemblies and load them separately. But, I would like to leave it as the last option, since most parts of the application work dependently to each other, and separating them would be a pain.

Is there any way that I can somehow combine two said steps together or bypass loading the assembly into byte array to save some spaces?

Also, I am wondering if the above technique is the only way to have in-field remote update for applications on Netduino boards.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.