Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

set brightness for Room light

light room brightness

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seandy

Seandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:22 AM

Hi, I'm a newbie with this Netduino 'things'. But really love and want to learn.

I want to ask, how can I control current that go through to room lamps? So I can control brightness of that lamp. I have relay like this one. Can I use that relay to control how much current that should be out?

#2 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

Hi Seandy,

Welcome to the Forums.

The relay you gave a link to is not able to control current; it can only turn ON or OFF (100% or 0%).

You will need to find another type of module to control current.

Please be careful - mains voltages can and do kill people!

Try and choose a module that includes all of the high voltage components so that you only have to connect to a low voltage isolated input.

Have a search on the forums, I am sure others have posted with details of modules they have used.

Have (safe) fun - Paul

#3 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:15 PM

Have (safe) fun - Paul

Hence the famous words: "make love, don't make war, and play with mains responsibly"...

Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#4 Seandy

Seandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:16 AM

Hi Seandy,

Welcome to the Forums.

The relay you gave a link to is not able to control current; it can only turn ON or OFF (100% or 0%).

You will need to find another type of module to control current.

Try and choose a module that includes all of the high voltage components so that you only have to connect to a low voltage isolated input.

Have a search on the forums, I am sure others have posted with details of modules they have used.

Have (safe) fun - Paul

hahaha.. thank you Paul. I'll search from the Forum. I learn different things with this module and comes a lot of idea after I try this module for the first time.

:wub:

#5 Wernfried

Wernfried

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

I'd use a dimmable RF switch therefor. This is main voltages secure and with my library (ask me for the code) light can be dimmed very easy. The RF switches you get here in Germany in any DIY store or the internet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: light, room, brightness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.