1Sheeld Libraries for Netduino Plus 2 now available. - General Discussion - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

1Sheeld Libraries for Netduino Plus 2 now available.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jkfrench

jkfrench

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

Hi,

I have been porting the 1Sheeld Shield so it will work with my Netduino Plus 2.  All shields supported by the 1Sheeld app have been ported.  Unfortunately, I only have a single 1Sheeld right now, so it's difficult to test the Remote OneSheeld support, but the code is there.  The only other Shield that I couldn't test is the Temperature Shield since none of my Android devices have an Ambient Temperature Sensor. All other shields, however, have been tested and seem to be working well.  All Shields have code samples so usage of the 1Sheeld with Netduino should be pretty straight forward.

I'm a newbie to Netduino, not to C# however.  I basically received my Netduino about 2 weeks ago, created the typical Led and Button samples and immediately started porting the Arduino 1Sheed Library during evenings and week-ends.   Please NOTE: The samples are not always consistent with the Arduino samples.  I was more interested in getting things working (and being able to verify that things worked) than being too fancy.  

Everything can be downloaded from here.   The solution, projects and code were created with VS 2013 Pro (however, it all works with Express for Desktop too).  I am using the 4.3.2 (Preview1) firmware (although it should work fine with the 4.3.1 firmware as well).

You can see more info on my blog here.

If you are unfamiliar with the 1Sheeld Shield.  I recommend you check it out here.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer.

Enjoy!

Jeff French

#2 jkfrench

jkfrench

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

The 1Sheeld Libraries and Samples for Netduino are now on Github, they can be found here.

#3 jkfrench

jkfrench

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

I have updated the 1Sheeld Library so that it is now compatible with the v1.4 Android App.   I have NOT yet implemented the newer shields that are now supported in the App, but the ones that were already supported should work better.   I will add support for the newer shields as time permits.

#4 jkfrench

jkfrench

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:11 AM

Pattern and Internet Shields have now been added to the 1Sheeld libraries for Netduino.

#5 jkfrench

jkfrench

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

I just put a rather large update for the 1Sheeld libraries on Github ... focuses primarily on usability improvements.

You can find an explanation of the changes on my blog here.

#6 jkfrench

jkfrench

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:30 AM

Just uploaded one more update to Github today that allows JsonKeyChains to be coded similar to the one found in the Arduino Advanced Internet sample (i.e. response["weather"][0]["main"].query();)   In fact, it is coded EXACTLY the same way on the Netduino now.   The orignial AddKeytoChain() functions are still there (and still used by the library in places ... and really the this[] getters actually call the AddKeytoChain() methods to perform their operations.  The this[] setters are empty (because they don't and can't really work the way required as far as I can tell.

#7 mv10

mv10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:35 AM

This is very cool... my wife and I were just talking about maybe using some of our old Android phones for various things.

#8 jkfrench

jkfrench

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

Just added support for something similar to the IncludedShieldsDefines.h file to the 1Sheeld libraries for Netduino.   The file that would need to be changed is OneSheeldMain.cs … the #defines are at the top of that file.   Commenting out the #defines indicates to NOT instantiate the class for the shield(s) which would save memory.   The update has been checked into GitHub.

#9 jkfrench

jkfrench

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:23 AM

Decided it would be nice to have an IncludedShieldsDefines.cs file for as much simularity to the Arduino Libraries as-possible.  So, I have made the OneSheeldMain.cs partial and made an IncludedShieldsDefines.cs (which is just another part of the OneSheeldMain class but allows the #defines (and where they are used) to be broken out from other parts of the OneSheeldMain.cs module).   Updates have been checked into Github.

#10 jkfrench

jkfrench

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:39 AM

Netduino Library and Samples have been upgraded to equivalent of v1.5 Arduino Library and Samples.   NFC and Color Detector Shields are now supported (with Samples).   Remote Shield support has been removed.  The Clock Shield has been updated.   Other tweaks found in the updates to the Arduino Library have been added.  I will be testing more as time permits, but everything has been checked in to GitHub.

#11 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:35 AM

Hi jkfrench,

Do you have some 1shield-on-netduino video demos that you can point us to, so we can show this off? tweet about it? etc.?

Chris

#12 jkfrench

jkfrench

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:47 PM

No, I'm afraid I don't.

#13 jkfrench

jkfrench

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:01 AM

FYI ,,, works fine with Netduino 3 too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.