Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Serial port stops

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joshk

Joshk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:54 PM

I have a 5hz GPS hooked to my Netduino Plus 2 and am having a random problem that sometimes takes hours or just minutes to appear.  The Netduino crashes (killing all threads) without an error while receiving data.  I use the DataReceived event to bring data in, and that stops at the netMF level.  My GPS is still sending.

#2 Joshk

Joshk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:59 PM

Even the most simple program fails.  I even tried using a loop instead of the data received event.  Same result.

#3 Joshk

Joshk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:19 AM

So I've discovered it can be completely avoided by lowering the baud from 38400 to 19200.  So this tells me the netMF is not capable of handling a damaged byte.  It sure should be, just trash it and continue.  There is no reason for a total system crash.

#4 Joshk

Joshk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:12 AM

Chris Walker, can you shed some light please?  The system crashes outside of my code.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.