Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Parallel port - risks

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JBeck

JBeck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:01 PM

Hi,

sorry for a very uneducated question...

I'm looking at different solutions to interface a computer with "Biopac" hardware (a system for recording physiological data).

We only need to send simple pulses from the computer to Biopac.

One possibility is to connect a Netduino to the Biopac "STP100C" unit's parallel port (http://www.biopac.co...gital-interface), but I know very little about hardware and I'm afraid I might fry something. No room for trial and error here, this is expensive stuff!

"The STP100C is used to safely isolate digital inputs (in the range of 0-3.3 V or 0-5.0 V)"

So at least I shouldn't damage the main unit (or any test subjects).

Any thoughts on this specific scenario, or more generally on connecting Netduino GPIO to parallel ports?

Thanks,

Jonas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.