Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Production Netduino Plus 2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mhardy511

mhardy511

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

We have built a custom PCB for interfacing to industrial equipment.

We are getting ready to go to production.

The ND+2 mates to this PCB via headers and provides communications processing.

With the ND+2 headers in the position they are in, i.e. on top of  the ND+2, we have to flip the ND+2 upside down to mate to our PCB.

Would it be possible to purchase ND+2's with headers mounted on the bottom? This would allow a user to see

the ND+2 LED's, push button, etc.

- Also, (this has been asked many times, but is crucial for using the ND+2 in production) when will the ND+2 support "In Field Updates" (IFU)? It is of primary importance to us.

We have seriously considered going with another manufacturer's boards just because they support this feature.

- Also, anybody know if there is a zip library (and where to find it) for netMF?

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

Hi mhardy511,

For orders of 100+ boards, we could ship you boards without the headers detached (which you could solder on upside down). We could also solder them on upside down for you as a special volume run...although that's not necessarily a standard offering.

I should ask the question: would a lot of people be interested in getting Netduinos with the headers unsoldered?

Chris

#3 mhardy511

mhardy511

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:58 AM

Chris -

Saw this after my post just a few moments ago....

I would guess that many customers would like the option of headers on the opposite side for production runs like we want to do.

It would certainly help us out if the headers were soldered on this way when we purchase them. Is this a huge problem on your production side?

If it is, we could do it....don't want to though.

Also, are the holes in the ND+2 board designed for locking down the ND+2 to a main board. It is our plan to do that.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:12 PM

Hi mhardy511,

For orders of 100+ units, we can flip the headers around (and you also get a 20% discount off MSRP at this volume). We have had a handful of requests for headerless boards over the year, albeit in small quantities for prototyping.

Just let us know what you need and I'll see what we can do :)

And yes, as you surmised: those larger holes on Netduino are mounting holes.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.