Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Deploy .NET MF to Netduino...now for Mac users :) [beta]

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

Bryan started a thread in the Mono forum for this, but this is such a huge accomplishment and benefit for NETMF that I wanted to post a quick link to the thread.

While I personally love my HP zBook running Windows 8.1 and Visual Studio, there are quite a few makers, roboticists and IoT device builders using Macs.

As of today, you can now write, deploy and debug code natively on the Mac. This was a huge project taken on by a few very smart engineers; the Xamarin team deserves a ton of kudos. They went very deep, even porting MetaDataProcessor from C to C# in the process.

Here's a link to get started. Now in beta. If you're a Mac user running Xamarin Studio, please provide your feedback so we can get this into RTM. We'd love to support both Visual Studio and Xamarin Studio officially.

http://forums.netdui...n-beta-testing/

Again, to the Xamarin team: thank you. And to those in the Netduino community who have contributed insight, testing, knowledge and even code to Mac support over the years: thank you.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.