Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Blinky won't blink

blinky nd2+

Best Answer Spiked, 30 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

You had my curiosity peaked so I tried your program (on 4.3.1).

It ran as expected .... but

I will say it acted weird(er) than other programs. I don't know if you triggered some bug with a variable name or what, but there is a big delay when it starts (4-5 seconds).

I have 2 N2+ now, and they work differently as far as debugging, how many times they reboot when starting. The newest one consistently usb disconnects 3 times, then starts loading symbol tables. The previous one was a random number how many disconnects/reconnects it goes through.  The moral is I doubt if there is consistency among units at the moment.

I'll contrast this with the Galileo which feels rock solid as far as debugging (which also uses the ethernet connection not USB). 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nraj

Nraj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:24 AM

This may have been answered elsewhere but I haven't found it.  I have:

Netduino plus 2

4.3.1 firmware

Win 7

VS 2012

I can deploy the Blinky program, but the onboard LED never blinks.  I know the blue LED is ok because it lights up when I deploy. I have reflashed the drive 3x, I've checked the references and they are all 4.3.1.  What else can I try?

----------------------------

using System;
using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino;

namespace NetduinoPWM
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            OutputPort led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false);

while (true)
            {
                // blink every 1 second
                led.Write(true);        // turns the LED on
                Thread.Sleep(1000);     // waits 1 second
                led.Write(false);       // turns the LED off
                Thread.Sleep(1000);     // waits 1 second
            }
        }
    }
}

---------------------------

References:

Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware

Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM

Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort

Microsoft.SPOT.Native

Microsoft.SPOT.Net

SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware

SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino

Thanks

#2 Spiked

Spiked

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:09 AM

When you say "I can deploy the Blinky program, but  ..."

How do you mean deploy?  If you deploy by right clicking on the project and selecting deploy this does not start the program. It simply downloads it to the device. Press the onboard reset button and it should run.

On the other hand, you can deploy AND start the program by pressing F5 (as long as the project is selected as the startup project).

Otherwise your code looks fine and should work.

#3 Nraj

Nraj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I've been clicking the Start button, but I just tried F5 instead.  Also tried pushing onboard reset button.  I've checked that the project is designated as the startup.

When I deploy, the blue LED comes on for a second while the program loads, and I don't see any error messages in VS.  Is there anything else I can try?

#4 Nraj

Nraj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

I tried reflashing the firmware back to 4.2.2, and it worked (using VS2010 express).  Would rather have used the latest build, but I'll take what I can get.  If anyone knows where I went wrong with 4.3.1, please let me know.

#5 Spiked

Spiked

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:15 PM   Best Answer

You had my curiosity peaked so I tried your program (on 4.3.1).

It ran as expected .... but

I will say it acted weird(er) than other programs. I don't know if you triggered some bug with a variable name or what, but there is a big delay when it starts (4-5 seconds).

I have 2 N2+ now, and they work differently as far as debugging, how many times they reboot when starting. The newest one consistently usb disconnects 3 times, then starts loading symbol tables. The previous one was a random number how many disconnects/reconnects it goes through.  The moral is I doubt if there is consistency among units at the moment.

I'll contrast this with the Galileo which feels rock solid as far as debugging (which also uses the ethernet connection not USB). 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blinky, nd2+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.