Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

LCD Native Driver?

driver .NET Micro native LCD

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tonofsteel

tonofsteel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:18 AM

Was reading some more about .NET micro and found the following page:

http://msdn.microsof...y/cc533011.aspx

Which lists the following namespaces:

Microsoft.SPOT.Input Contains tools for collecting and managing user input. Microsoft.SPOT.Presentation Provides the ability to design and control the layout and display of graphical user interface elements. Microsoft.SPOT.Presentation.Controls Enables your program to create elements (known as controls) that make it possible for users to interact with the programs. This namespace also provides support for displaying text. Microsoft.SPOT.Presentation.Media Gives your applications the tools required to draw and manipulate bitmapped images. Microsoft.SPOT.Presentation.Shapes

Provides tools that enable your programs to draw two-dimensional (2-D) geometric shapes.

I asked a similar question previously but this one is different/more specific.  If I have a LCD would I need to create a native driver using the porting kit?  What capability does the above have out of the box for drawing on any physical device?  I do not see anywhere how to map the pins to a graphic device.

If you use the porting kit how do you wire up your driver so that when you use the above namespaces it draws to your LCD?

I cant find any information on the actual implementation of drivers (managed or native) for anything in the .NET micro framework.  I know with embedded c you write the driver and then use your code directly.  With the layer of abstraction that .NET micro adds it is not clear how the high level C# code gets down to the physical hardware and native code if it is required.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: driver, .NET Micro, native, LCD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.