Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Server to Client Communication

Server to Client home automation WAN Netduino Plus 2

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Afshin

Afshin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

Hi,

I have just started to develop a simple home-automation application using Netduino plus 2 boards. 

I have no problem developing a client to server application, in the case of a periodic data capturing scenario, in which the board proactively sends the captured data to a server (implemented on PC), and server replies back with some instructions according to the received data.

However, I wonder how it is possible to write the code for server sending instruction to clients, without clients requesting a service first and initiating the connection. This is useful for example in controlling lights. Specifically, I would like to have the control from an outside network (WAN), and not only within a LAN.

I have found few libraries and protocols for this purpose, like:

- SignalR which I am not sure can be supported by NetDunino board, and

- MQTT 

But before digging into any of them, I would like to know, if these are the best suited protocols for this purpose or if there is any other library or protocol that I need to know about. 

To be more specific, I am looking for a protocol/library that: 

- can be implemented on and supported by Netduino boards.

- can establish a server to client connection with no initiation of the connection by the client.

- can be implemented on a WAN.

Thanks  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.