Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Hardware Projects

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sgraves

sgraves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

Although not specifically related to Netduino, all of my projects have originally been developed using a Netduino for prototyping and I intend to provide more Netduino-specific information in the future. The site is new and I will be adding more information daily.

I am an electronics newb, but wanted to share my project site for explorers like me. Netduino-specific projects are in the pipeline; however, I quickly realized the benefit and ease of incorporating microcontrollers directly to minimize overall design and power requirements.

http://www.openhwproject.com/

I hope someone will find these projects useful. They've been fun for me to develop. Any suggestions on improvement or observations of design flaws are more than welcome.

#2 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

I'd like to join the IR-over-anything project.

Not in a hurry, though: I should complete some things already started.

Good initiative!

Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#3 sgraves

sgraves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

By all means. I'm hoping whatever is developed would be cheaper than IR repeater devices that are currently out there.

I've wanted to build it for a while, but also need to wrap up what I've started. I started researching some viable micro's but have had difficulty in finding examples for Ethernet usage outside of Netduino/Arduino. I've yet to look inside any of the support libraries/drivers for the available Ethernet shields / boards.

It would be really nice to see something from Adafruit or Sparkfun for power-line communication, too. Given the low speed of IR signals, I think it would be a great way to handle the task.

#4 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

Hmm...I would point that my contribution (i.e. my target) is not for production or commerce, so the price (as well as any design, pcb, etc) is absolutely secondary. My goal is developing for hobby, fun, kids-learning, toying, etc.

Please, let me know whether my viewpoint matches (or collides) with your's.

Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#5 sgraves

sgraves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

Not at all. This wouldn't be for commercial use. Purely a hobbyist endeavor. As a secondary benefit, it's nice to be able to develop something that is also cheaper to make than any commercial hardware, but by no means a requirement. Any PCB's offered directly are at cost for what I pay.

#6 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

There's an example of networking on the STM32 outside of the Netduino/Arduino arena on Andy's Workshop pages.

Hope this is useful,

Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#7 sgraves

sgraves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

Yes, very helpful. Thanks.

I also came across some SPI WizNet Ethernet devices with built-in stack. A bit pricey, but very cool and compact.

And this post:

http://forum.arduino...5&topic=71837.0

EDIT: I just realized you're responsible for my favorite blog! Thanks for sharing all your findings. Incredibly helpful and thorough.

There's an example of networking on the STM32 outside of the Netduino/Arduino arena on Andy's Workshop pages.

Hope this is useful,

Mark

#8 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

EDIT: I just realized you're responsible for my favorite blog! Thanks for sharing all your findings. Incredibly helpful and thorough.

Thanks, great way to start my day :)

Regards,

Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.