Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Problem driving DC Motor with HBridge

hbridge motor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kzhen

kzhen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Hi all,

I'm recently new to Netduino and trying to get it to spin a little DC motor for me using an HBridge.

I've followed the example from http://itp.nyu.edu/p.../DCMotorControl wiring it up to the appropriate ports on the Netduino Plus 2 and then porting their code example to C# but haven't had any luck getting it to work.

I did have it spin the motor for a few seconds the other night when I first plugged in the Netduino to my USB port but then when I deployed my code it stopped running. I've no idea what the problem is.

I also tried following http://netmftoolbox....ardware.HBridge but was unable to deploy their code as I was receiving a:

Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

Is it possible that somehow I've destroyed the HBridge? Is that easy to do? or I have done something else wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

#2 kzhen

kzhen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

Ok, scratch that. I post this before I was trying to drive this with only the Netduino 5v port and diital IOs. When I add a 9v battery into the circuit the motor works as expected changing direction etc.  :D

#3 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

We have all been there Ken!

Welcome to the Forums.

Paul

#4 c2rosa

c2rosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

How does one hook an external power source to the L298P DF Robot shield?

#5 c2rosa

c2rosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:51 PM

I did manage to get a 9V battery hooked into the PWRIN lead on the L298P device (after hooking backwards the first time....).  Once I got this configured correctly, the motor does run now.  Thanks!

#6 c2rosa

c2rosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

By the way, when I hooked the 9V battery to the leads backwards, I noticed that the battery heated up.....Is this normal?  Was I inadvertently charging the 9V battery off of whatever 5V current was flowing to the DF Robot shield (L298P) from the Netduino (ultimately from the computer)?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hbridge, motor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.