Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Has anyone used Netduino Plus 2 with the e-Health Sensor Platform?

Netduino Health Compatibility

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Robert Hugo

Robert Hugo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

Hi,

I am new to the Netduino family, but I have a long background of programming in general and have a few years into Microsoft.NET. I've lived in the US over 15 years, and before that I was born and raised a Norse. ;) 

Please forgive my ignorance and my coming stream of annoying questions, but I have not played much with electronics since coming here, only programming.

Anyways, if someone has used the e-Health (Sensor Platform) with Netduino, is it 100% compatible? (I read that there are some incompatibilities between Arduino and Netduino peripherals.)

http://www.cooking-h...erry-pi-medical

#2 jrlyman3

jrlyman3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorth St Paul. MN

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:35 AM

It's hard to tell from the web site (nice site) what resources of the Arduino that they're using.  But it looks like a lot of Arduino code to support all of those sensors.  So you would have a lot of C code to convet to C#.  Could be fun  :).  To determine what resources they're using you'll have to go through all of the Arduino C code.

I'm not sure why you want to use the Netduino i this case, but if I wanted to get this working quickly I would probably connect the Netduino to an Arduino with a serial port (UART) and create a set of Netduino functions that send a command over to the Arduino which would call the provided function and return the result to the Netduino over the serial link.  Then later I could replace that with a native Netduino implemetation.

John

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Netduino, Health, Compatibility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.