Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

MakerShed Netduino Starter Kit-Driver will not recognize

Netduino driver will not recognize USB driver

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikea202@gmail.com

mikea202@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:17 AM

Newbie here but I am a NET programmer so I thought I would get a starter kit to help me get started.  I had VS2010 Pro loaded already so I loaded the MF4.1 and Netduino SDK from www.netduino.com.  Unfortunately, I could not get Blinky to work because I did not have a device driver for the Netduino. 

I started searching the forums and the net.  I have tried everything I could find such as upgrading the firmware (4.1 and 4.2), I have read every link off of http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx, I have read everything I can find in the forums or blogs, but I can not get a recognized connection to the board.  This includes the AT drivers with Sam Ba v.2.12 or v.2.10 or the GPS Camera or anything else.... plus, I tried it on a Windows 7 64bit system and a XP 32bit system.  Everytime I plug in the USB cable connected to my board, I get the USB Device not recognized (see attached image) and both the blue and white leds will light up on the board.

I am just trying to let anyone who takes the time to read this that I have tried to use the information on the net to resolve my problem before I brought it to the forum.  I would appreciate any help or suggestions to get this resolved but I am pretty close to giving up and trying to return it.  Especially since I bought an arduino board at the same time, and it worked right out of the box without an issue.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions...

Attached Files

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:25 AM

Hi mikea202@gmail.com,

It looks like the board is either erased or damaged.

Did you try force-erasing the board by connecting a jumper wire between the 3.3V header and the little gold erase pad in the top-right corner?
http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx

If the board doesn't respond to that, then we should have you swap it for a replacement through your reseller.

Sorry for the troubles. And welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

#3 mikea202@gmail.com

mikea202@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:44 AM

Chris,

I have tried a force erasing but nothing changed.

I will contact MakerShed to see what they will do for me.

Thanks for the amazingly quick response.

Mike

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Netduino, driver, will not recognize, USB driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.