Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

.Net Micro Framework Accelerated Interpreter(Open Source)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 weixiongmei

weixiongmei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

Hi, every one, i heard some one was complained that i never open source some low level code for free, so today i decided to open source a faster interpreter that i just ported for .Net Micro Framework, all the C# codes could run 20% faster(Not over clocking the MCU for increasing the speed), and no extra ram is needed, my goal is to increase 30% - 50% of performance.

I'll open source the accelerated interpreter after double checked & cleaned unused codes. So please check this thread back later.

Updates:

[05-01-2014] Just went out for couple days, sorry for the slow progress, the accelerated interpreter has been done about 40%, about 110 of opcodes(MSIL) had been accelerated, there are still about 140 opcodes need to be done, the current result of improved performance is around 20% for those accelerated opcodes, trying to get it up to arount 30% - 50%.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

Thanks, weixiongmei! It's open source contributions like this that make NETMF more awesome for everyone.

You're bound to get lots of kudos for sharing :)

Chris

#3 weixiongmei

weixiongmei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

Hi Mr.Chris, i still need time for cleaning up the codes, it's too messy and too many cross references now, and would be open source once it's the code is ready.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.