Netduino lock even using wathdog hourly - Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1) - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino lock even using wathdog hourly

lock whatdog reset restart

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mauricio.coelho

mauricio.coelho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Hello, 

My Netduino Plus makes using the default heartbeat frequently to a data service. Unfortunately, it is not used for a period of 10 hours the Netduino stops running with no error or no reason. You configured a watchdog to restart it each hour and analyzing logs is possible to observe that it is not restarted. The code also contains several treatments exception to force reinicizalição and still not used after the period he appears to be dead. After Reboot it manually back up and running. 

Is there any limitations in the hardware structure Netduino Plus? 

Thanks for your time and attention, 
Mauricio Coelho

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

Hi Mauricio,

How have you implemented your watchdog?

Netduino boards should run continuously for very long periods of time.

Chris

#3 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

The Netduino board should work reliably for many days without problems (tested). However, your problem looks like the memory gets full and, yes, at that point nothing could rescue the board control.

Honestly, I'm too expecting that a watchdog would actually "reset" even in such a condition, but...what kind of watchdog are you using? Did you check for similar issues somewhere else?

If you have time, you may test this circuit as well: I bet a brand new Netduino that it won't stick anytime!

http://highfieldtale...r-the-netduino/

Good luck!

Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#4 jrlyman3

jrlyman3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorth St Paul. MN

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:18 AM

I'm working on a similar issue right now.  If you're using Socket.Connect and the host does not respond that can also hang up the Netduino.  Check out http://forums.netdui...socket-connect/ if that sounds like a possibility in your situation.  The Netduino should not hang :) .

--John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.