Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.1

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 Nraj

Nraj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

I am not able to update the firmware on my NDP2 to 4.3.1.0 (it's curently 4.2.0.0).  I am using VS2012.  I've gone through the setps in your article - I did try updating the driver to the one from DfuSe_Demo_V3.0.3_Setup_amd64, but the msg is "the best driver for your device has already been installed".  The Netduino Update 4.3.1.0 just doesn't see it (window is empty).  And yes, I did put the board into boot loader mode.  Any help appreciated.

I also have VS2008.  Will that work with firmware4.2.0.0?

#102 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:50 AM

Hi Nraj,

When you put the board into bootloader mode, what is the name of the device in Device Manager?

Chris

#103 alesbedac

alesbedac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

Hi Chris,

will be available FW 4.3.1 for older Netduinos 1/Plus1 too ?

That will be very helpfull and nice if company support older devices too :-)

#104 FourT2

FourT2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:53 AM

Hi Chris,

will be available FW 4.3.1 for older Netduinos 1/Plus1 too ?

That will be very helpfull and nice if company support older devices too :-)

I would like to see 4.3 support for Netduino 1s as well, but I wonder if there is a tech limitation that is preventing this....

Chris, any chance this might happen in the future?

#105 billy

billy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:27 AM

Hi Chris,

I upgraded my netduino plus 2 to 4.3.1. It went well. Just one question, what is the version of latest Netduino driver? 

Mine is still 4.2.0.0, dated 2012-04-10. Is there a newer one?

Thanks

#106 kdowswell

kdowswell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:07 AM

Hi Marcel, Try right-clicking on the device in Device Manager and selecting "Uninstall". Say yes if it asks you if you want to uninstall the drivers too. Then unplug your Netduino from your PC. After that, uninstall and re-install the Netduino 4.3.1 SDK. Plug your Netduino back into your PC. Is your Netduino Plus 2 now detected properly? Chris

Chris, I'm just starting out with my fresh new Netduino Plus 2 and this helped me get my device to show up again after updating my firmware to v4.3.1! Thank you! 

#107 Gertd

Gertd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:47 AM

Hi everyone

Just a heads-up on installing dfuse 3.0.3: if you install for a 64-bit Windows, you must install "DfuSe_Demo_V3.0.3_Setup_amd64.exe" and NOT "DfuSe_Demo_V3.0.3_Setup.exe."

Cheers

#108 kerk-akker

kerk-akker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

Hi,

I have done something wrong ( still do not know what ) but I can not get my NPlus2 to work any more. If I connect the device to the laptop it shows up in the upgrade menu as Netduino Plus 2, I then run the upgrade and it looks all fine. But in MFDeploy the device is not visible. 

If I look at the device manager on the PC I can only get the device visible as STM device in DFU mode. If I connect the device without pressing the reset button I get "unkown device" in de device manager. 

I have been looking for a dfu file for the 4.3.1.0 but I could not find this. I have also tried to load the 4.3.0 Beta dfu file. This loads successfull on the device but I can again not see it in MFDeploy.

Please help me what I am doing wrong as right now my NPlus2 is useless ( and it used to work fine on 4.3.1.0. )

Best Regards,

Arno

#109 Robert L.

Robert L.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:51 AM

I am trying to move my current hardware/software product from a Plus solution to a Plus2 solution.  I tested my addon board with a Plus Netduino, and it is working well.  But when using the Plus2 board none of the I/O other than the Ethernet seems to be working.  My Plus platform and my Plus2 platform are on different computers, BTW.  The Plus2 is on a Windows7 machine, running VS-2012 Express for Windows Desktop.

I have upgraded my NetduinoPlus2 to 4.3.1.0 as per instructioons/files posted here.   I am concerned in that the assembly:  SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus is included.  I was expecting something like Plus2.

Is that the correct assembly for the Plus2 board?   If not, is there a seperate download for the Plus2 hardware assembly?  Or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks for any help offered,

Robert

#110 Christoc

Christoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBallwin, MO

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:25 AM

Hi,

I have done something wrong ( still do not know what ) but I can not get my NPlus2 to work any more. If I connect the device to the laptop it shows up in the upgrade menu as Netduino Plus 2, I then run the upgrade and it looks all fine. But in MFDeploy the device is not visible. 

If I look at the device manager on the PC I can only get the device visible as STM device in DFU mode. If I connect the device without pressing the reset button I get "unkown device" in de device manager. 

I have been looking for a dfu file for the 4.3.1.0 but I could not find this. I have also tried to load the 4.3.0 Beta dfu file. This loads successfull on the device but I can again not see it in MFDeploy.

Please help me what I am doing wrong as right now my NPlus2 is useless ( and it used to work fine on 4.3.1.0. )

Best Regards,

Arno

Arno,

I had the same problem with my N+2 this evening. Upgrade worked fine, but couldn't get the darn thing to load up in MFDeploy or show up in Visual Studio.

I ended up uninstalling the Netduino SDK, and the .NETMF SDK. Reinstalled both (.netmf first, netduino second) and low and behold, the I can now see the device.

Hope that helps

View my blog at ChrisHammond.com

Projects: Netduino Tank/Tracked Vehicle, DNNFoos, Random other bits

#111 Robert L.

Robert L.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

A couple of things I ran across that needed attention before I could get my converted (Plus-1 to Plus-2) project to work. 

1. It seems that it is much better to start with a new VS project and copy only your source code over.  VS does not seem to do a good job of upgrading an exisitng project from VS2010 tro VS2012.  Once I took this approach I was able to make progress on getting my GPIO pins to work on a Plus-2 board.  Some items needed new definations, as for example, I wanted to continue using the original Secret Labs PWM calls.
  2. My shield has a watchdog timer built into it, mostly because the Plus-1 Netduino board frequently locked up the processor when doing TCP/IP operations.  The Plus-2 board adds 'Header Power Switches' that delay providing power to the headers until some time after boot.  The upshot of this was that my watchdog circuit was not powered up and so held reset low and so the Plus-2 processor never booted, continuing to prevent power from reaching the shield.  Deadlock.  Providing local power to the shield's watchdog circuit fixed this.

So I have basic functionality now.  I am continuing to test and curious how this new board's performance compares to the original especially in the areas of reliability and stability.

Robert

#112 claudio.serio

claudio.serio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:38 PM

Hello everybody,

i've a problem with an upgrade. I've got a netduino plus 2 with 4.2 and i'd want to upgrade to new version of MF 4.3.1. I tried every way but every time i upload the new MF i have the same results. It seems good but, when i try to deploy an application by VS2013, my NP2 reboot and become in DFU mode. If i reset the board, by button or power off, it remains in dfu mode (Blu led always on).

But magically always go right if i erase the NP2 and i upload the old FM 4.2.0.

Can you help me ?

Thank you all.

#113 CrossUp

CrossUp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:23 AM

Hi, yesterday i tried to update my netduino2 firmware, i got to point where i erased existing firmware an just before i managed to upload the new one windows updates restarted my computer. After restart i pluged my netduino back to computer the blue and white leds were on but windows didnt show any devices in device manager and nothing shows up in netduinoUpdate or sdfu, are there anything i could do to finish update or get the old one back?

#114 randaman55

randaman55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:46 AM

Hello Chris,

I have VS 2013 Professional, Win7 64bit.  I installed the files as described.  I can deploy fine with 4.2 framework as the target using 4.3.1 sdk.  I now want to update the NP2 firwmare to 4.3.1.  I installed DFUSE 3.03 put board into boot load mode and run NetduinoUpdate and nothing is listed.  In my device manager it shows STM32 BOOTLOADER.  If I run DFUSE Demonstration, no devices are listed.  What am I missing?  Board seems to work fine otherwise, MFDeploy works, compiles etc...

thanks,

-Randy

#115 richardr

richardr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

Hi, Trying to get the OneWire working for talking to a DS18B20. I have SPOT.Hardware defined in my using section but OneWire looks to be no longer supported. Am I missing something? Thanks.

#116 NameOfTheDragon

NameOfTheDragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCanterbury, Kent, UK

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:44 PM

Your link to prerequisite 2 (NetMF 4.3 QFE2) is giving HTTP 404,

--Tim Long

#117 Henry_Jones

Henry_Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:49 AM

Hello,

I've tried to update my Netduino plus 2 with this Firmware.

But afterwards neither Visual Studio 2013 (... cannot attach Debugger engine) nor MFDeploy recognize the device.

In Device Manager it is listed as "Netduino" and stated as "working properly".

I already tried to reinstall the Netduino SDK and the .Net Micro SDK, but to no avail.

Both Softwares mentioned above can detect the device but not use it. For instance Ping in MFDeploy just replies with "no Connection":

Any ideas ?

OK, after some more tries, it seems that the device has it's Problems now with USB 3.0. It's working on a USB 2.0 Port but has the desribed symptoms when connected to a USB 3.0 Port.

Can someone confirm this ?

#118 NameOfTheDragon

NameOfTheDragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCanterbury, Kent, UK

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:30 AM

Its not fixed :( The link still goes to a 404.

#119 Sukasa

Sukasa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNanaimo, BC

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:27 AM

Seems after upgrading I can no longer debug on the device; it loads the binaries onto the unit and then starts debugging, and before the entry point is hit it kicks  back out to non-debug mode in VS.

VS 2013 Community Edition, update 4.

E: Nevermind this.  Another project was set to deploy and because of that *nothing* deployed.  I found this out by rebooting the CLR via MFDeploy, wherein it complained it had no entry point.

Debugging is really, really slow now though.  And the debugger really hates attaching after deploying assemblies.

E2: After spending a little time on this, I'm noticing that my N+2, when the debugger fails to re-attach after deploying binaries, generally gets stuck in a non-running state.  The LED is solid on (my code blinks it), but the device is fully responsive and I can reboot the CLR from MFDeploy at which point it seems to run fine.

#120 alharlow

alharlow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNebrask USA

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:07 PM

I have a ND2P and want to move to VS2013 (currently using VS2010) MFv4.3.  Reading through these posts I apparently need to update the firmware on the ND2P and install the MFv4.3 on my computer.  I see the very first post here is a 'How To'.  Is that post still accurate - I see that it is more than 2 years old?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.