Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.1

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#41 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Chris. Do I also need to change the AssemblyVersion in AssemblyInfo.cs?

Not unless you want to. That's the version that the author is calling his DLL...not the version of NETMF. They might be the same, if the author chose to do it that way. It's up to them.

#42 Douglas.Hampshire

Douglas.Hampshire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

I tried updating my N2+ from 4.30 beta to 4.3.1 all went smooth including the Netduino Update to 4.3.1, however after reboot The MFDeploy tool no longer sees the device. If I put it back into boot loader mode it shows up in the update tool and allows it to be updated again but with same results. I have tried erasing the app and re-updating but still no joy. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Doug

#43 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:58 AM

Hi Doug,

I tried updating my N2+ from 4.30 beta to 4.3.1 all went smooth including the Netduino Update to 4.3.1, however after reboot The MFDeploy tool no longer sees the device. If I put it back into boot loader mode it shows up in the update tool and allows it to be updated again but with same results. I have tried erasing the app and re-updating but still no joy. Any Ideas?

Does the device appear in Device Manager? What does it appear as?

What version of the Netduino SDK do you have installed? 4.3.1?

Chris

#44 GeBrander

GeBrander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

I am getting a "1628: Failed to complete installation" error when installing the DfuSe_Demo software. Anyone also problems with it?

Windows 8.1 x64

Visual Studio 2013

On an Intel NUC Core i5 system

Already tried the x64 and x86 version, no block on the file in Windows, also tried runas Administrator and compatibility mode with different sessions. Redownloaded the setup files but also no success.

#45 Douglas.Hampshire

Douglas.Hampshire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

It did show up under Other as a unknown device and stated that it does identify any device drivers for it. I ran repair on the 4.3.1 sdk and the drivers installed and it is now working.

Thanks for the tip

#46 cce1911

cce1911

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Hi cce1911,

In each project, go to project properties (right-click on the project name, select the "properties" menu option).

Then change the "Target Framework" from NETMF 4.3 to NETMF 4.2. It will probably close the window for you when you do this, to save the changes.

Then change the target framework back to NETMF 4.3.

Repeat the above for each project. If there are forty, it may take you 15 minutes. Tedious and no fun, but it should change everything from 'pre-production 4.3' to 'production 4.3.1' for you.

Now

Chris,

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to resolve my problem by compiling the toolbox with the 4.3.1 code.

-Capel

#47 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:55 AM

Hi GeBrander,

I am getting a "1628: Failed to complete installation" error when installing the DfuSe_Demo software. Anyone also problems with it?

Hmm, interesting. I have the same setup as you (Windows 8.1 x64, VS 2013).

Can you check in your two Program Files folders, and make sure you clear out any old copies of DFUSE first? And before you do that, make sure no old versions are in "control panel > programs and features"?

Also, be careful when deleting files from "Program Files"...that's manual surgery. I typically rename folders instead of deleting them--to make sure I can "go back" easily.

Chris

#48 mbargar13

mbargar13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

I have tried to get the NetduinoUpdate tool to see the netduino but i get nothing. I am on 4.2.2 and have been able to re-flash to the old firmware of 4.2.2, but the the tool just wont see the netduino. I have followed the instructions and it just does'nt see it. Any ideas?

#49 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:25 AM

Hi mbargar13,

I have tried to get the NetduinoUpdate tool to see the netduino but i get nothing. I am on 4.2.2 and have been able to re-flash to the old firmware of 4.2.2, but the the tool just wont see the netduino. I have followed the instructions and it just does'nt see it. Any ideas?

What tool did you use to reflash the old 4.2.2 firmware?

If you're using DFUSE tools:
1. When "ST Device in DFU mode" appears in the DFUSE tools (when your board is in bootloader mode), does the device also simultaneously appear in "Netduino Update"?
2. If the answer to #1 is "no", what version of DFUSE tools are you running? Are they the version recommended in in the first post of this thread?
3. If the answer to #1 is "no" and you're running the tools from the first post...is there anything different about your computer (regional settings, language etc.) which our enumeration might be tripping up on?

Chris

#50 mbargar13

mbargar13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

Hi mbargar13,

What tool did you use to reflash the old 4.2.2 firmware?

If you're using DFUSE tools:
1. When "ST Device in DFU mode" appears in the DFUSE tools (when your board is in bootloader mode), does the device also simultaneously appear in "Netduino Update"?
2. If the answer to #1 is "no", what version of DFUSE tools are you running? Are they the version recommended in in the first post of this thread?
3. If the answer to #1 is "no" and you're running the tools from the first post...is there anything different about your computer (regional settings, language etc.) which our enumeration might be tripping up on?

Chris

I followed the process to upgrade to 4.2.2 by using the steps on the main post, though I am using "DfuSe Demo (v3.0.3)

1. No, if i put the device in bootlooder mode and open the DFU tool i can see it and flash it fine, but when I open the "NetduinoUpdate" tool I done see anything
  2. Yes I have downloaded the correct tools and I am using "DfuSe Demo (v3.0.3)"
  3. Standard United States settings, nothing unusual

#51 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

Hi mbargar13,

Can you do the following really quickly, to help us debug this with you?

1. Put your Netduino into bootloader mode.
2. Open DFUSE on the left side of your screen and NetduinoUpdate on the right side of your screen.
3. Take a screenshot, with the two side by side, and attach it to this thread (or PM me with it, if you prefer).

Chris

#52 mbargar13

mbargar13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

Hi mbargar13,

2. Open DFUSE on the left side of your screen and NetduinoUpdate on the right side of your screen.
3. Take a screenshot, with the two side by side, and attach it to this thread (or PM me with it, if you prefer).

Chris

Attached Files

#53 MoonWalker

MoonWalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Hi Chris,

went all smooth thank you for your effort!!

br

Attila

#54 Jason.Net

Jason.Net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

Works like a charm in VS2012.

Thanks for all of the hard work.

#55 Homey

Homey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

Chris

Is CTS/RTS working in this firmware release by initializing the serial port with Handshake.RequestToSend?  Aka automatically toggling pins 7,8 (Com2 RTS, CTS)?  I apologize in advance if this is answered somewhere else.

Thanks

Homey

#56 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

Hi Homey,

Is CTS/RTS working in this firmware release by initializing the serial port with Handshake.RequestToSend?  Aka automatically toggling pins 7,8 (Com2 RTS, CTS)?  I apologize in advance if this is answered somewhere else.

Yes, pins D7/D8 should be actin gas COM2 RTS/CTS if the serial port is initialized that way. If it is not working properly for you, please let us know so we can file a bug report.

Chris

#57 sspw

sspw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

Hi mbargar13,

Chris

I had same problem. Successful firmware update then didnt show up. I went back and repaired the 4.3.1 sdk install and the drivers work now.

#58 mbargar13

mbargar13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

Hi mbargar13,

Chris

Any idea on this one yet? I did a repair of the 4.3.1 SDK and still don't get anything to show up. I can flash it the old way if I can have access to the dfu file.

#59 mbargar13

mbargar13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

Any idea on this one yet? I did a repair of the 4.3.1 SDK and still don't get anything to show up. I can flash it the old way if I can have access to the dfu file.

Ok so the code i guess looks for the Firmware folder, i moved all of my firmware files around and that was causing the app not work correctly. I just now unzipped the file and left it the way it was and ran it that way and it worked.

#60 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

Hi mbargar13,

Ok so the code i guess looks for the Firmware folder, i moved all of my firmware files around and that was causing the app not work correctly. I just now unzipped the file and left it the way it was and ran it that way and it worked.

Very interesting. In theory the app should show boards as "ST device in DFU mode" if matching firmware is not present...but there may be some combination of folder movements which causes the device to not appear at all. If you have some free time and can let us know exactly how the files were re-arranged...we'd love to eliminate that as an edge case for future users.

On DFU files...if you ever want to create a DFU file (to flash the manual way), use ST's "DFU File Manager" program. It can convert each of the .S19 files to .DFU files for you.

I'm really glad this is working now for you (with the update app unzipped the default way). If you run into any other issues, please let us know. And if you have time to give us more feedback on the manually-moved-folders issue, thank you a bunch in advance.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.