Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Build Netduino Plus 2 firmware from sources trouble

Best Answer mdredmond, 26 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

So the questions:

• Is anybody tried to build current netduino 2 firmware v4.2.2 source with gcc?
  • What necessary to use versions of [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Porting Kit and gcc[/color]?

Denislam:

I believe you used the wrong version of the wiki article you referenced.  See this one:  http://wiki.netduino...to-GCC-4-6.ashx

Follow it precisely.  Install the PK, overwrite with the 4.2.2 firmware sources from SecretLabs, then overwrite with the changes contained in the archive attached to that wiki.  Then follow the build instructions to the letter.

I was having the same issue you were.  The problem is that the two versions of the wiki article are nearly identical and the link at the top makes it a little confusing as to which firmware version the article applies to.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Denislam

Denislam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

Hello!

I'am trying to build Netduino Plus 2 firmware from sources using the following guidance: Building Netduino Plus 2 Firmware 4.2.1.2 with Yagarto GCC 4.6

Installed:

• .NETMF Porting Kit 4.2 QFE1
  • Netduino Plus 2 firmware from http://www.netduino.com/downloads/
  • .NETMF SDK 4.2 (RTM QFE1)
  • yagarto-bu-2.21_gcc-4.6.0-c-c++_nl-1.19.0_gdb-7.2_eabi_20110429
  • NetDuino SDK v.4.2.2 (Jan 213)
  • Visual Studio 2010 Professional

Script for building:

call setenv_base.cmd GCC4.6 PORT c:yagarto_GCC466Msbuild SolutionsNetduinoPlus2dotnetmf.proj /T:rebuild /p:flavor=release;tcp_ip_stack=lwip /filelogger

When I try to build source code I get 114 errors from msbuild tool each having a same error code MSB3073.

Sample of error output:

D:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcestoolstargetsMicrosoft.SPOT.System.GCC.targets(276,5): error MSB3073: ????? ?? ??????? "  -xc++ -Wno-invalid-offsetof -fcheck-new  -fno-default-inline  -mabi=aapcs -ffunction-sections -fomit-frame-pointer -mlong-calls -fdollars-in-identifiers -fshort-wchar -fno-exceptions  -funsigned-char -mstructure-size-boundary=8 -DTCPIP_LWIP -DTINYCLR_ENABLE_SOURCELEVELDEBUGGING  -DCOMPILE_THUMB2  -DVERSION_MAJOR=4 -DVERSION_MINOR=2 -DVERSION_BUILD=0 -DVERSION_REVISION=0 -DOEMSYSTEMINFOSTRING=""Netduino Plus 2 (v4.2.2.1) by Secret Labs LLC"" -DPLATFORM_ARM_STM32 -DPLATFORM_ARM_NetduinoPlus2 -DTARGETLOCATION_FLASH -DLITTLE_ENDIAN -DPLATFORM_DEPENDENT_HEAP_SIZE_THRESHOLD=10240 -DPLATFORM_DEPENDENT_HEAP_SIZE_THRESHOLD_UPPER=131072 -DPLATFORM_NO_CLR_TRACE=1 -DTINYCLR_NO_IL_INLINE=1    -mfloat-abi=soft   -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mlittle-endian  -g1 -Os -DNDEBUG  -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesSolutionsNetduinoPlus2DeviceCodeNetwork_Config_HAL -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesDeviceCodeinclude -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesDeviceCodeCoresarm -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesSupportInclude   -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2Sourcescryptoinc  -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesCLRInclude -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesCLRLibrariesCorLib -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesCLRLibrariesSPOT -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesCLRLibrariesSPOT_Hardware -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesCLRLibrariesSPOT_Graphics -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesCLRLibrariesSPOT_Net -Ic:yagarto_GCC466libgccarm-none-eabiinclude -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesSolutionsNetduinoPlus2 -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesdevicecodeTargetsNativeSTM32 -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesDeviceCodeCoresarm -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesDeviceCodeCoresarmInclude -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesDeviceCode -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesDeviceCodeInclude -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesCLRInclude -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesDeviceCodeTargetsNativeSTM32NetduinoPlus2 -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesSupportInclude -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesDeviceCodeinclude -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesCLRinclude -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesCryptoinc -ID:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesDeviceCodeinclude   -Wabi   -o D:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesBuildOutputTHUMB2GCC4.6leFLASHreleaseNetduinoPlus2objSolutionsNetduinoPlus2DeviceCodeNetwork_Config_HALNetwork_config_NetduinoPlus2.obj -c D:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesSolutionsNetduinoPlus2DeviceCodeNetwork_Config_HALNetwork_config_NetduinoPlus2.cpp  " ? ????? 9009. [D:ProjectsNetDuino_dotnetv4_2SourcesSolutionsNetduinoPlus2DeviceCodeNetwork_Config_HALdotNetMF.proj]

Why command contains only arguments? Could this mean that something is missing in my actions?

#2 Denislam

Denislam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

Discovered a strange fact: .[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]NETMF Porting Kit 4.2 QFE1 not [/color]compatible with [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]gcc-4.6.0, it work only with [/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]gcc-4.2.0.[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]But current sources of [/color]Netduino Plus 2 firmware v4.2.2 from http://www.netduino.com/downloads/ seems not compatible with . [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]NETMF Porting Kit 4.2 QFE2, which work finely with [/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]gcc-4.6.0.[/color]

I make sure that I can build one of the ports that ship with the porting kit using .[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]NETMF Porting Kit 4.2 QFE2 and [/color]yagarto with gcc 4.6.0. 

As my first test I select iMXS:
cd D:MicroFrameworkPK_v4_2setenv_gcc.cmd 4.6.0 c:yagarto_GCC466cd SolutionsiMXSTinyCLRMSBUILD.EXE /t:build /p:flavor=debug;memory=flash

After 8 minutes successful result was obtained: 37 warnings and 0 errors.

After merging with sources of Netduino Plus 2 firmware v4.2.2 this test fail.

Consequently I come to conclusion that tried to merge incompatible versions of the MicroFrameworkPK and Netduino Plus 2 firmware sources.

So the questions:

• What necessary to use versions of [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Porting Kit and gcc[/color]?

#3 mdredmond

mdredmond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

I also would like to build the firmware (4.2.2 or preferably 4.3) but gave up after seeing a sea of red and yellow during the build.  If anyone gets 4.2.2 built using gcc 4.6 I'd sure like some guidance.

Also...  How long do we figure until the 4.3 firmware and/or SDK sources will be made available?

Thanks!

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

Hi mdremond, Netduino 4.3.1 firmware source: http://forums.netdui...es-source-code/ Chris

#5 mdredmond

mdredmond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

Hi mdremond, Netduino 4.3.1 firmware source: http://forums.netdui...es-source-code/ Chris

That's great, thanks!  I was able to get 4.2.2 built and deployed.  Now I'll give 4.3.1 a shot.  Thanks again.

#6 mdredmond

mdredmond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:28 PM   Best Answer

So the questions:

Denislam:

I believe you used the wrong version of the wiki article you referenced.  See this one:  http://wiki.netduino...to-GCC-4-6.ashx

Follow it precisely.  Install the PK, overwrite with the 4.2.2 firmware sources from SecretLabs, then overwrite with the changes contained in the archive attached to that wiki.  Then follow the build instructions to the letter.

I was having the same issue you were.  The problem is that the two versions of the wiki article are nearly identical and the link at the top makes it a little confusing as to which firmware version the article applies to.

#7 Denislam

Denislam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

Denislam:

Thanks, mdredmond!

I'am already have been found and eliminate my mistake.

That's work!

It would be nice to exclude some code from build to decrease output binaries.For example OneWire or Ethernet.

I enjoyed SolutionsWizard, but so far I did not succeed it.

Somebody has built sources without Ethernet based on the above sources?

#8 Nicolas Besson

Nicolas Besson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

Hi All

I have  been able to build the Netduino Plus 2 firmware revision 4.2.2 with GCC yagarto tool using the wiki instructions, and I have discovered that the double.ToString API is not behaving as expected with this build. You can use the DFU file called myfirmware-forsanitycheck.dfu contained in the package provided in the wiki page in order to reproduce the issue I'm facing, as both the one provided and the one I have generated, behaves the same.

The following code snippet illustrate it :

double dValue = 10.20;
            Debug.Print("-- value : " + dValue.ToString("F1"));

The expected result should be :
-- value : 10.2
but you get :
-- value : -545128520.00000000000000010

The strange thing is that the official 4.2.2 firmware (http://forums.netdui...2-firmware-v422) provided for the Netduino Plus 2 is behaving correctly.

So is anybody could give me some inputs to track down that issue and work on a fix ?
Is that could be related to : http://netmf.codeple...m/workitem/1385 ?

Thanks All
- Billounet

#9 Nicolas Besson

Nicolas Besson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:42 AM

Hi All

I have  been able to build the Netduino Plus 2 firmware revision 4.2.2 with GCC yagarto tool using the wiki instructions, and I have discovered that the double.ToString API is not behaving as expected with this build. You can use the DFU file called myfirmware-forsanitycheck.dfu contained in the package provided in the wiki page in order to reproduce the issue I'm facing, as both the one provided and the one I have generated, behaves the same.

The following code snippet illustrate it :

double dValue = 10.20;
            Debug.Print("-- value : " + dValue.ToString("F1"));

The expected result should be :
-- value : 10.2
but you get :
-- value : -545128520.00000000000000010

The strange thing is that the official 4.2.2 firmware (http://forums.netdui...2-firmware-v422) provided for the Netduino Plus 2 is behaving correctly.

So is anybody could give me some inputs to track down that issue and work on a fix ?
Is that could be related to : http://netmf.codeple...m/workitem/1385 ?

Thanks All
- Billounet

I'm starting a dedicated topic for that failure:

http://forums.netdui...t-firmware-422/

- Billounet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.