Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Compile error

netduino plus compile error

Best Answer Chris Walker, 20 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

Hi Uffe, Erase the BIN and OBJ folders for your project (either manually or through the "clean..." option next to Build. Then rebuild your project and redeploy. If that doesn't work, create a new project. Make sure the new empty project deploys alright. Then add in each piece again. If it works after adding everything in, do a file comparison to see what changed in your old project. If it stops working at some point, we can narrow down the issue based on what you've just added into the new project. Chris Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 uffe

uffe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

Hi.

Almost panic here :)

About to speak at a conference in 2 days  (using a netduino on stage) and from no where I suddenly got a compile error that wont go away.

Predefined type 'System.Collections.Generic.EqualityComparer' is not defined or imported

I did not change anything in my project, the error just appeared 
I created a blank project and also rebooted without any improvements...

Anyone that knows something about this?

Regards
Uffe

#2 lifanek

lifanek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationKatowice, Poland

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

Have You recently updated Your .NET MF or flashed a device?

#3 uffe

uffe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

Hi. No my computer is brand new and all installations are fresh. It worked like a charm until this suddenly appeared! I have not updated NETMF or the netduino Regards Uffe

#4 knut.tveitane

knut.tveitane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Difficult to tell without seeing the code. The only thing I notice is that somehow the System.Collections.Generic namespace is referenced in your code - and generics are not supported in the .net midro framework.

#5 uffe

uffe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

@knut.tveitane Ofcourse I am not referencing any generics.

It is not even possible to do so in my IDE.

As I said, the error occured from no where... It worked for weeks and suddenly the error appears.

The source code can be found here https://github.com/c...ts.NETMF.Client

/Uffe

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:51 AM   Best Answer

Hi Uffe, Erase the BIN and OBJ folders for your project (either manually or through the "clean..." option next to Build. Then rebuild your project and redeploy. If that doesn't work, create a new project. Make sure the new empty project deploys alright. Then add in each piece again. If it works after adding everything in, do a file comparison to see what changed in your old project. If it stops working at some point, we can narrow down the issue based on what you've just added into the new project. Chris

#7 uffe

uffe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

Hi Chris.

Thanks for the advice. I had tried most of that but created a new project and started adding code line by line.

As so many times before it was a stupid issue. :)

I am mostly using .NET 4.0+ and I use anonymous object all the time. Did not realize that it was not supported in NET MF since the IDE did not complain. 

So the solution was easy. Instead of writing..

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#0000ff;]new {value = "some value"}[/color][/font]

I created a strongly typed object to hold the value.

Thanks for your time.

/uffe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.