Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

STM32F4 BGA

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Juzzer

Juzzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire, UK

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:58 AM

I have a new part time job where i get to play with Altium, so as a side personal project i decided to try my hand at a STM BGA. 

Typical uC BGA's used for NETMF usually have 0.8mm pitch balls but i am a fan of the STM32F4's and currently they only come in 0.65mm pitch and are UFBGA's

So i bit the bullet and selected a STM32F427IIH6 which has 176 balls + another 25 ground balls in the centre in a 10mm square. When you see it in the flesh, eek it's small.

So i didnt cause myself more sleepless nights i decided to only route out 17 pins, SPI,I2C, UART, PWM and Analog in a 1 inch square.

Got the boards routed using 4 layers, sent to fab and then waited....Got them back yesterday, populated one up and then with butterfly's in the stomach plugged it in.....

Happily running a version of Oberon's Mountaineer 4.3 port (massive thanks to Cuno and his team at Oberon)....

From the experience making a Netduino sized Mini with one of these STM's would be quite easy :)

Attached Files

#2 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

Wow, great work Juzzer! That would indeed make for a sweet "mini" Netduino! Your board looks fantastic. I would love to see some Netduino samples running on it.

Cheers,

Steve

#3 Juzzer

Juzzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire, UK

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

Thanks Steve,

Here is a link to the other site with a write up and a link to a video of it running using UART to driver 3 Dongbu smart servos, SPI for a seven seg display and a couple if Digital IO for the onboard LED's

https://www.ghielect.../topic?id=14930

Cheers

Justin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.