Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Preferred source / brand / gauge of wire to work with?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DaveFer

DaveFer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Hi all -

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for brand / gauge of wire to use in the arena of these small scale electronics projects.

I've bought wire at Radio Shack and online of different gauges and I'm often disappointed in how it behaves.

The wire that I buy 18-20 gauge, both multi strand and single strand often fights me and doesn't want to cooperate. Neither had is been very economical (I'm usually buying urgently -- my fault).

So I want to stock up on several different colors of a really friendly wire for use in 3VDC - 9VDC projects. (200mA - 2.0A)

I'm looking for wire that is insulated, yet supple (doesn't have a mind of its own or hold a grudge). Sources appreciated.

THANKS!  :)

#2 cys

cys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

If expense is no object, I get flexible 30 gauge wire from McMaster Carr, part no. [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;text-align:center;]7071K151[/color]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.