Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Deploy via web

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Anderson

Mark Anderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChciago

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

Hi Guys

I'm considering commercializing a project I'm working on. If I did, is there anyway to install updated via web (using a built-in web client: i.e. the user would have an option to check for updates and if available download and apply). 

I don't see any way to do this, but I'm wondering if I missed something. Is there another option other than a user having to know how to use MFdeploy?

Regards

mark

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

Hi mark, You could write a custom app using MFDeployEngine. Check out this command-line prototype we made for Mac and Linux--which would also work on Windows. Or you could create a custom app like "Netduino Update" which flashes the board in bootloader mode. Or you could store the assemblies on a MicroSD card and then load them into RAM dynamically. There are some additional methods which we're exploring for future versions of hardware/software (based in part on some work we're doing with AGENT)...and you could also hack into the Netduino firmware and build your own support. Chris

#3 Mark Anderson

Mark Anderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChciago

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

Hi mark,

You could write a custom app using MFDeployEngine. Check out this command-line prototype we made for Mac and Linux--which would also work on Windows.

Or you could create a custom app like "Netduino Update" which flashes the board in bootloader mode. Or you could store the assemblies on a MicroSD card and then load them into RAM dynamically.

There are some additional methods which we're exploring for future versions of hardware/software (based in part on some work we're doing with AGENT)...and you could also hack into the Netduino firmware and build your own support.

Chris

Thanks Chris

This one sounds like the easiest option: "[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Or you could store the assemblies on a MicroSD card and then load them into RAM dynamically"[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]I think it would be a killer feature for the Netduino to have a mechanism to check an update location and be able to do this automagically[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Regards[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Mark[/color]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.